Looking to use up ripe bananas? Don’t miss this easy and delicious recipe for Nutella Banana Bread. It doesn’t get any better than chocolate hazelnut spread!
Ripe Bananas? Make Nutella Banana Bread
Nutella Banana Bread is something I make on a regular basis. Quite frankly, I crave it! Growing up eating this delicious chocolate-hazelnut spread on white bread, well, amazing. Not super nutritious, but wow those memories!
I’m never sure how to categorize this: breakfast food or dessert. Perhaps if you eat the bread as is without the extra helping of Nutella spread, it’s more breakfast than dessert? Either way, this bread is out-of-this-world delicious and should be made on a regular basis in your house too.
It’s a simple enough recipe for classic banana bread that I’ve been making for years. To send it over the edge, dollop Nutella or any chocolate-hazelnut spread on top, and swirl it into the loaf before baking.
The result is a crunchy and sweet Nutella-flavored bread that’s super moist and so satisfying. A great recipe to have on hand for brunch or the holidays, because who wouldn’t love a slice of Nutella Banana Bread!
Love a good loaf? Be sure to check out my super moist Glazed Pumpkin Bread – great anytime of the year!
Tips for Making Nutella Banana Bread
- Make sure you’re using ripe bananas. You want to be able to mash them easily so they incorporate well into the batter.
- You could make this all in one bowl. The recipe calls for separate bowls for dry and wet ingredients, but you could just do them all together.
- Be sure to microwave the chocolate-hazelnut spread before swirling it into the bread. You want it warmed, not hot. And swirl more than you think you need to! Get that flavor all throughout the bread.
- Toothpick check for doneness of the bread since the top will appear brown from the Nutella.
Nutella Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 plain greek yogurt nonfat works
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- chocolate hazelnut spread for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas, oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Microwave the chocolate hazelnut spread for 30 seconds to soften. Dollop over the top of the loaf and use a skewer or knife to swirl and incorporate the spread into the batter of the loaf.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely. Serve with more chocolate hazelnut spread if desired.
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter today!
I love to bake loaves of bread for friends. Get these disposable Propack Aluminum Disposable Loaf Pan and share your baking love with others too.
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!