So moist and full of flavor, this Glazed Zucchini Apple Bread recipe is easy to make and sure to become your new favorite quick bread recipe. Perfect as a tasty breakfast option or midday snack.
There is nothing quite as magical as baking up a loaf of quick bread. With this glazed zucchini apple bread, you get to experience all of those baking joys along with the satisfying sweetness from the simple glaze which makes the loaf out-of-this-world tasty!
And this bread stays moist and flavorful for days after baking. This is a great quick bread recipe to make ahead, refrigerate, then cut a slice whenever you are in need of a delicious midday treat.
The grated zucchini and apple are an easy addition to the bread. You can use whatever apples you have on hand, just be sure to peel and core before grating. As for the zucchini, no need to peel; just grate using the larger holes of the box grater and you are all set.
Glazed Zucchini Apple Bread Recipe
This simple quick bread is so easy to put together. To start, you will need to grate the zucchini and apple using the large holes of a box grater. Be sure to squeeze out any extra moisture from the zucchini so you don’t end up with overly wet bread.
Next, simply add all of the wet ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. The applesauce and cinnamon combination keep this bread moist and flavorful without the addition of added fat. Lastly, add the dry ingredients, stir to combine, and fold in the squeezed zucchini and apple.
Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. You will know the bread is ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Use a clean knife to loosen the loaf from the pan. Let the bread cool completely on a wire cooling rack before adding the glaze.
Simple Quick Bread Glaze
Now you could leave the zucchini apple bread as is and still have a delicious treat. However, by adding a simple glaze, you can really have a treat to look forward to — plus your kids will gobble it up!
This simple quick bread glaze is just a combination of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Whisk together and pour over top of the cooled bread.
If you prefer a thicker glaze, just use two teaspoons of milk for half cup of powdered sugar. For a thinner glaze, add another teaspoon of milk.
Pour the glaze in a simple back and forth motion over the top of the bread. Let the glaze set, about five minutes or so, before slicing the bread.
Easy and Delicious Quick Bread Recipes
If you love quick breads, then be sure to check out some of my fan favorite quick bread recipes:
- Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread is another great zucchini bread recipe that also uses up those ripe bananas.
- Hummingbird Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting has so many delicious flavors and is a super popular recipe in the south.
- Glazed Pumpkin Bread is better than Starbucks and stays moist for days!
- Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread is another glazed bread that is a perfect snack for your sweet tooth.
- Lemon Summer Squash Bread uses yellow squash and is full of tasty lemony flavors.
Give this Glazed Zucchini Apple Bread a try and let me know what you think. Happy baking!
Glazed Zucchini Apple Bread
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry (about a cup)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini and apple. Squeeze the zucchini to remove any excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, apple sauce, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and stir until evenly combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and apple.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake on the center rack in oven for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean. Let cool on wire baking rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of milk, and vanilla, adding more milk to make a thinner glaze if desired. Drizzle overtop of cooled bread.