Moist and delicious glazed Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert to serve at your next brunch or dinner. Full of flavor, this cake can be made up to 3 days in advance. Glaze with limoncello and sprinkle with Paradise Lemon Peel.
This light and flavorful Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake will definitely become one of your favorite Italian desserts. Because of the creamy ricotta, this cake stays super moist and airy.
When I first tried this cake, I couldn’t believe the flavor. I’ve never been a huge lemon dessert fan, but this cake is the exception. It is truly the perfect balance of sweetness with a hint of delicious lemon flavor.
If you love lemon, be sure to try my Soft Lemon Cookies made with lemon and olive oil!
Incorporate Paradise Lemon Peel
How to Make Lemon Ricotta Cake
If you have a stand up mixer, this is a great time to pull it out! Otherwise, a handheld mixer works well. First, you want to butter and flour a bundt pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Second, cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the ricotta and cream until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Incorporate in the eggs, vanilla, lemon peel and zest. Sift the dry ingredients and add those in. Fold in the candied lemon peel. Pour in prepared pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until desired consistency is reached. Pour over the bundt cake and sprinkle on candied lemon peel. Serve warm or refrigerate for up to three days.
Tips for Making Lemon Cake
- Be sure to cream together the ricotta, butter, and sugar well so that you get an airy and fluffy cake.
- You could also use this recipe to make a layer cake by dividing the batter between two cake pans and reducing the baking time.
- Poke holes in the cake using a wooden skewer before pouring on the glaze.
- For thinner glaze, add more water or lemon juice. For thicker, add less.
- Substitute the lemon in the glaze for limoncello liquor if serving this for adults.
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake
- ¾ cup butter, softened (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Candied Lemon Peel like Paradise
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice add more or less for consistency
- Candied Lemon Peel for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand up mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the ricotta and blend until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, incorporating well. Mix in the vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in two batches. Fold in the candied lemon peel.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth as needed. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Make the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add more juice or water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cake, sprinkle with candied lemon peel, and serve.
Love simple and delicious recipes? Me too! Be sure to sign up and stay up-to-date with This Delicious House.