Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake is a moist and delicious cake that’s super easy to make for any occasion. The secret to this moist and tasty chocolate cake is using a whole container of ricotta in the batter, then topping it off with a delicious chocolate glaze.
One bite and you’ll agree that ricotta is the best way to make a moist and delicious cake. I love to use ricotta cheese when baking because it makes my treats extra moist without a lot of additional calories.
If you are skeptical about using ricotta in baking, don’t be. I feature ricotta in many of my recipes and they are by far the most popular and commented on. The reason? Because ricotta really does enhance the quality of baked goods.
This Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake is no exception! After a couple of tries and fails, I have come up with the perfect chocolate bundt cake with the ideal texture and ingredient combination. Moreover, this recipe is super simple to make and comes together so fast!
Chocolate Ricotta Cake is a great cake to have on hand for holidays, birthdays, or just to have around and snack on. It is delicately sweet without being overwhelming like most chocolate cakes.
So give it a try and you’ll agree that this is the best moist chocolate bundt cake ever!
Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake
Putting together this cake is simple and fast. You can bake it in a standard bundt cake pan or a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Before you start, be sure to butter your pan thoroughly so that the cake doesn’t stick to it.
Start by creaming together the room temperature butter and sugar. I like to use a handheld mixer for this, but a standup mixer would be great for this recipe as well.
Next, add in the ricotta cheese. It is important that you blend this into your batter using a handheld mixer for at least two minutes until it is light and fluffy in texture.
Then, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Lastly, finish off with a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. For this recipe, just use the natural unsweetened cocoa like Hershey’s. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
While mixing the wet and dry ingredients, add in half a cup of milk to the batter. Continue mixing until the batter is incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the cake starts to pull away from the edges and a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and setting on a wire rack to cool completely.
The glaze for this cake is so simple and easy to make, no special equipment required! All you need is a microwave and glass bowl.
To start, place chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in a glass microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for two minutes, stopping to stir in 30 second intervals.
Once all of the chocolate chips are melted, stir in the vanilla. Be sure not to overheat the chocolate. You want it just melted and pourable. If it’s too hot, let it cool slightly before drizzling over the top of the cooled cake.
Drizzle using a back and forth motion over the top of the cake. I like to let the chocolate settle and cool slightly before cutting, but you can always cut and serve immediately.
You can store your Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. It is delicious served cold or room temperature. Heat it up and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
More Ricotta Desserts
Baking with ricotta cheese is such an easy way to add moistness and texture to your desserts. Here are some of my favorite ricotta dessert recipes:
You can also feel free to substitute ricotta in your baked good whenever a recipe calls for sour cream or yogurt.
Hope you love this recipe for Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake! Please give it a try and comment below how you like it. Enjoy!
Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake
- standard bundt cake pan
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted (like Hershey's)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a standard size bundt cake pan with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer on high to cream together the butter and sugar until well combined, about a minute. Add in the ricotta cheese and blend for another two minutes. Next, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing between each egg. Mix in the vanilla and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients along with ½ cup of milk. Stir together until all ingredients are just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for at 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely before adding Chocolate Glaze.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Microwave on 50% power for two minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from microwave and add in ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour chocolate glaze in drizzling motion overtop of the cooled Chocolate Ricotta Bundt Cake.