Almond Flour Pear Cake is a deliciously moist and naturally gluten-free cake that is spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. This cake comes together in less than an hour and is perfect with a cup of coffee.
You’re going to love this simple and delicious recipe for almond flour pear cake. Made with a few ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and perfect with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
The texture of this cake can’t be beat! It’s both light and dense, and perfectly moist. The diced pear gives it a soft sweet bite. It’s one recipe you’ll make again and again.
If you love almond cakes, then you need to try my Almond Flour Apple Cake, made with maple syrup. And if almond cookies are what you’re craving, then you definitely need to make these Italian Almond Chocolate Cookies. For another pear treat, try this Italian Pear Cake recipe!
Read on to see how easy it is to make Almond Flour Pear Cake!
Almond Flour Pear Cake
This spiced almond flour pear cake is a great way to use up pears. Plus, it’s made with simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand.
Firstly, you will need to spray and line a round 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. This will help the cake release from the pan without leaving any pieces of cake behind.
Then, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
In a separate bowl, beat together the unsalted room-temperature butter and sugar. You want to mix until the butter and sugar are fluffy; about two minutes. Then, beat in the eggs until well combined.
Next, add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until well combined.
Lastly, fold in the diced pears and mix until well combined.
Baking with pears
Pears have a tendency to be very moist when they are overly ripe. For this recipe, I recommend using a firmer Bosc pear and dice it into about ¼ inch pieces.
Here, I only use on pear. I have made this recipe with more than one pear and find that the batter gets too moist.
If you only have a very ripe pear on hand, it’s best to place sliced pear on top of the batter rather than incorporating it into the batter. That way you get the flavor of the pear without making the batter too wet.
Bake until toothpick comes out clean
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top of the cake with your spatula. Bake in a preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Almond flour cakes have the tendency to bake faster than other cakes. So be sure to keep an eye on the cake and don’t over bake it.
Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving it. If you cut into the cake too soon, you risk it crumbling and falling apart.
To finish off the cake, dust the top with powdered sugar.
How to store almond flour pear cake
This is a great make-ahead recipe that keeps well for days. Leftover cake should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Alternatively, you can freeze the cake in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to a month.
Cake Recipes that use fruit
Baking with fruit is a great way to add flavor and moisture to your cake recipes. Here are some more delicious cake recipes that use fruit:
I hope you love this recipe for Almond Flour Pear Cake. Be sure to comment below if you try it. Enjoy!
Almond Flour Pear Cake
- 9 inch cake pan
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 firm pear, diced
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and ginger; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; about two minutes. Add in the eggs and mix until combined. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the diced pears.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let sit for 10 minutes then carefully remove cake from pan and let cool on wire rack completely.
- Optional: dust with powdered sugar before serving.