Made with Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses and crushed candy canes, these Candy Cane Kiss Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie! Don’t miss this festive and easy to make Christmas cookie that’s great for cookie exchanges and cookie swaps.
Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses Cookies
If you are looking for the perfect holiday cookie, this is it! Sweet and chewy, with a hint of peppermint, these Candy Cane Kiss Cookies are as delicious to eat as they are pretty to look at.
I recently made a triple batch of these cookies for a cookie exchange and everyone went crazy for them. Because they are not overpowered with peppermint flavor, they are great for even those who swear they don’t like candy canes.
The base of the cookie is simple enough to put together. It’s just a basic cookie recipe with crushed candy canes added in. Next, using your cookie scoop, like this Wilton Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop, measure out the cookies and roll into balls. Place on a silicone-lined baking sheet and bake until cookies are light tan in color. Lastly, press in an unwrapped Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss and cool on a baking rack.
Tips for Making Candy Cane Kiss Cookies:
- Use room temperature butter and eggs.
- Be sure to cream the butter and sugars before adding the rest of the ingredients. You want it be light and fluffy in appearance.
- To crush the candy canes, place unwrapped candy canes in a ziplock bag and hit with a rolling pin.
- No candy canes? Substitute any peppermint-flavored candy to yield about 1/4 cup crushed candy total.
- Have the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses unwrapped and ready to go once the cookies come out of the oven.
- Press the kisses into the cookies using a twisting motion.
- Once the kisses are in the cookies, don’t touch them! Even though the cookie itself may be cooled, it will take much longer for the kisses to full harden.
- Moreover, to speed up cooling time, place the cookies in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze for up to a month.
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened one stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 candy canes, crushed (about 1/4 crushed peppermint candy)
- 30 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicon baking pad or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand up mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the crushed candy canes.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out evenly-sized balls of dough. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet without flattening. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss into the center of the cookie. Let the cookie rest for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate to fully harden the kiss. Store in an airtight container.
Sign up today and never miss a recipe!
Pick a pin and save for later!