Moist and delicious, you don’t want to miss this recipe for Glazed Pumpkin Bread. Each recipe yields two loaves, perfect for gifting. This better than Starbucks recipe is the perfect fall treat or great for anytime of the year.
This is hands down the best glazed pumpkin bread recipe out there! Tested and perfected, it is the perfect balance of pumpkin spice and sweetness that you want from you pumpkin bread.
As soon as the temperature starts to drop mid-year, I’m making this bread! Super moist and full of flavor, this is hands down one of my favorite fall recipes to make. And, if you are a fan of Starbuck Pumpkin Bread, then you are going love this recipe.
Furthermore, this recipe is a great one to have on hand for gifting. Who wouldn’t love getting a delicious loaf of pumpkin bread. Baking for someone is such a personal and special way to show them you care. And this recipe is so good, you’re definitely going to want to share it!
Glazed Pumpkin Bread Makes a Great Gift
Recently I made six loaves of it (three batches) for a teacher appreciation luncheon. Because I was making so many loaves, I bought these inexpensive foil loaf baking pans from Amazon, so I could bake without having to worry about washing pans.
These are also great for bringing as a hostess gift without having to worry about a pan to return. Or you could get some Amazon Basics loaf pans that are super durable, inexpensive, and provide a great gift, just print out a copy of this recipe to go with it!
You can wrap the finished and cooled bread in plastic wrap then secure with a bow. Moreover, you could just serve the bread in the pan and include it as part of a gift basket.
If you love baking with pumpkin, here are some more of my favorite pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is a delicious and fun recipe using crystalized ginger. The perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table.
- Pumpkin Pie Bars are a great way to feed a crowd! Delicious pumpkin pie in portable bars.
- Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake is a layered treat that’s perfect for entertaining.
Glazed Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This simple bread comes together in minutes and is virtually goof proof! Firstly, mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk. I love the combination of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves for this bread. If you have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you could always substitute that instead.
Secondly, use a mix together the pumpkin puree (I always use Libby’s), oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the dry ingredients with wet and pour into loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
Bake for about a hour, cool, then cover with glaze. To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Then simply pour over the top of the cooled pumpkin bread.
So simple yet so delicious! Feel free to freeze any additional loaves for up to a month in an airtight container.
So whip up a batch or two (or three!) of this better-than-Starbucks Glazed Pumpkin Bread and have it on hand for breakfast, brunch, or a delicious midday treat!
Glazed Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8 x 5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients, through cloves. Mix with a whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl add the oil, sugar, pumpkin, and eggs, and mix to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pans using a rubber spatula to smooth the tops. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for for at least 10 minutes removing from pan.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Pour over the cooled loaves.