After tasting these Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Topping, you may never bake another pie again! These tasty little treats taste just as good as pumpkin pie and are super easy to make. No dough rolling necessary!
Pumpkin Pie Bars are a true recipe perfected. Easy to make, these are great for feeding a crowd and provide the perfect little pumpkin treat for any occasion. Moreover, the entire dish bakes in a sheet pan!
And no more dealing with pie dough, hooray! These pumpkin pie bars get a simple crumbly crust that is made in the food processor then pressed into the baking pan. Simple and delicious. (In the market for new baking sheets? Check out these awesome Nordic Ware pans from Amazon.)
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Bars:
First, to make the crust, pulse together the rolled oats, flour, and brown sugar. Next, add in the butter and pulse until crumbly. Spread into a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
Meanwhile, make the filling by beating together the ingredients. Pour over the prepared crust and return to oven for 25 minutes.
While it bakes, prepare the topping. In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, pecans, and flour. Add in the softened butter and use either a fork or clean hands to combine. (I find squeezing the topping in my hands is easiest method). Sprinkle over the pumpkin pie bars and return to oven.
Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Next, be sure to cool the bars completely before cutting. It may even be best to chill overnight in the refrigerator. Then, slice it up and serve a piece by itself or topped with whipped cream, yum!
Looking for the perfect gift for the guy in your life? Don’t miss these Best Gifts for Men!
Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Crumble Topping
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into cubes (2 sticks)
- 1 29 ounce can pumpkin puree (or 2 15 ounce cans)
- 2 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Pulse to combine. Add in the cubed cold butter and pulse to form a fine crumb. Pour into baking sheet and press into bottom of pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until light brown.
- While the crust bakes, combing pumpkin filling ingredients in a large bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth. Pour over crust and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pecan topping. Add brown sugar, chopped pecans, and flour to a bowl and stir to combine. Cube the butter and add to mixture. Use fork or hands to combine. Sprinkle over the top for the pumpkin bars and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Here at This Delicious House, I strive to provide readers with easy and delicious recipes. Simple party planning and fun shopping guides make my site a great destination for stress-free entertaining. Sign up for the weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe or tip!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!