Done entirely in the Crock-Pot, Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect party food! Don’t miss this delicious slow cooker recipe for your next get together.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is hands down the perfect party food, because it tastes just like buffalo chicken wings. Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
This is a great recipe to have on hand for casual get togethers, fun parties, or an awesome game day food (hello Super Bowl party!) Moreover, I even serve it for the holidays as it’s a super easy and delicious dip that guests love to munch on.
Got a Frank’s Red Hot fan in your life? This recipe pays homage to this Cayenne Pepper based condiment. If you’re not a fan of spicy, use half the sauce and still get all the delicious flavors.
In the market for a great slow cooker? My favorite, and the one I use, is this Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer. Available on Amazon for a great price and can be used to make Buffalo Chicken Dip or my easy Slow Cooker Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
First, place two chicken breasts in your slow cooker Crock Pot. Sprinkle the tops of each with a tablespoon of ranch seasoning (one tablespoon per breast). Next, cook chicken on high until cooked through; about for 2-3 hours.
Next, remove chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces. Return to crock pot, reduce heat to low, and add in cream cheese, sour cream, remaining ranch seasoning, Frank’s Red Hot, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, and salt. Cook until all the cheeses are melted and combined.
Once warmed through, sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and cover and cook until melted.
Serve straight out of the slow cooker or transfer to a serving bowl and top with chopped green onions and a couple dashes of hot sauce. (If serving on a platter, stir in the melted mozzarella). Serve with celery and tortilla chips.
If you love easy make ahead appetizers, check out my Caramelized Onion Dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Ranch flavored seasoning mix, divided like Hidden Valley
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place chicken breasts in a crock pot on high heat. Sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning, cover, and cook through, about 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and cut or shred into small pieces. Return to crock pot. Add in remaining 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning mix, sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, hot sauce, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Set crockpot to low heat and heat until melted and gooey, about an hour. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and cover until melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips and celery.
If you are fan of simple and delicious recipes, be sure to sign up for the weekly newsletter!