Easy to make Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is made with just five ingredients using spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Don’t miss the incredible thick Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting.
This simple recipe comes together in minutes and is the perfect cake for pumpkin fans. Feel confident that you have a winner with this deliciously perfect pumpkin bundt cake made with spice cake mix!
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake from Mix
Yes, you can get a delicious and nearly homemade pumpkin cake using a box mix! With a couple of additions, I guarantee you’ll have the one of the most flavorful and moist cakes you could imagine… and you’ll never know you had help from boxed cake mix.
The key is to use Spice Cake Mix, rather than basic vanilla. It adds a warming spice that’s the perfect balance for pumpkin. For this recipe, I recommend using Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Spice Cake Mix in the 15.25 ounce container.
Then, with just a couple of additions, this recipe will make one of the best pumpkin spice cakes you’ve ever tasted. It’s so moist and full of warming spices and pumpkin flavor!
After playing around with this recipe for some time, I have to say that it is finally perfected! The addition of eggs and applesauce give the cake the lift and moistness it needs. Additionally, because this is a Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake you will need to add a teaspoon more pumpkin pie spice to up the flavors.
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
The incredibly delicious spiced cream cheese frosting makes this cake extra special. This particular frosting and the manner in which it piped on the cake is similar to Nothing Bundt Cakes cream cheese frosting.
No special equipment or technique needed to frost this cake either! This simple frosting comes together in minutes and can be piped on using just a ziplock bag. So, if you are a new cook or fearful of frosting, this is one frosting recipe that is guaranteed to be perfect every time and in any way you frost!
Firstly, cream together the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until fully combined. Secondly, add in the vanilla, powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice and mix to combine.
To pipe on the thick icing stripes, simply cut the corner off a ziplock bag and fill with the frosting. Push the frosting to the bottom corner of the bag and twist the bag to close it. Lastly, pipe on large stripes around the cake.
Don’t worry about making perfect stripes either. Personally, I think some imperfections make the cake so much more homemade!
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake Ingredients
The ingredient list for this recipe is simple and full of easy to find supermarket items. Here’s what you’ll need to make the bundt cake:
- 15.25 ounce package of Spice Cake Mix (such as Betty Crocker)
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (such as Libby’s)
- large eggs
- apple sauce
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (I use the Traders Joe’s when I can find it, McCormick makes a great one too!)
For the frosting, you will need:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounce container of cream cheese (room temperature)
- vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- powdered sugar
Moreover, I love that you can just dump all of the cake ingredients in a bowl and mix. No need for separate bowls for wet and dry ingredients with this recipe.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Recipes
Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice? I am a huge ban and have a bunch of excellent recipes that I’m sure you’ll love too!
These recipes are perfect for the holidays and during the colder months. Additionally, they are all super easy to make and have been tested and perfected. Here are some of my favorites:
- Pumpkin Pie Bars with brown sugar topping are my favorite way to make pumpkin pie for a crowd.
- Pumpkin Spice Truffles are a party favorite! Also, you’ll love the white chocolate coating.
- Mac & Cheese with Pumpkin Puree is a healthier option that kids and adults love.
- Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are cupcake upgrade and definitely belong on your thanksgiving table!
- Energy Balls with Pumpkin Spice are just one of my favorite ways to incorporate pumpkin into every aspect of my life!
Why use Cake Mix?
Cake mix doesn’t get the recognition it deserves in my opinion. It is a great shortcut ingredient for any chef at any skill level. Using cake mix is an easy way for beginning bakers to feel confident in the kitchen, and allows more skilled bakers to play around with flavors.
Moreover, cake mix is really just prepackaged dry ingredients that you would normally put in the cake. I personally love to use cake mixes when I’m cooking with kids or making gluten-free or egg-free cupcakes, as the mix options are endless.
The Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake flavor won’t be compromised using cake mix either. In fact, it allows you to bring out all of the flavors you love and not stress about measuring and weighing dry ingredients.
This is the perfect recipe for the beginning baker. It is goof-proof and has excellent results every time. And if you’re nervous about frosting, the cream cheese frosting here is simply perfection no matter how you lay it on the cake.
Additionally, baking in a bundt cake pan is easy and won’t leave you having to frost layers. My personal favorite bundt cake pan is Nordic Ware Bundt Cake Pan with Handles. Moreover, it’s easy to carry and put into the oven without spilling batter or burning yourself.
So, give this Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake a try and let me know what you think!
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake from Mix with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- standard bundt cake pan
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (like Libby's)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15.25 ounce box Spice Cake Mix (like Betty Crocker's)
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened (half a stick)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the pumpkin puree, applesauce, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add in the spice cake mix and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and smooth top using a rubber spatula. Carefully place in oven and bake for 28-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before flipping over and letting cool on wire baking rack completely.
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- To make the frosting, place the softened butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and use a handheld mixer to cream together until well combined, about two minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and continue mixing, starting on the lowest speed and increasing as the sugar combines with the other ingredients.
- Snip off the corner of a plastic ziplock bag. Pour the frosting into the bag, pressing it down into the corner, then twist the bag to close. Frost the cake by swiping on large stripes of frosting over top.