Delicious and moist glazed Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread is the perfect loaf recipe that’s super easy to make. Don’t miss this incredibly tasty and festive bread recipe that’s great for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert.
If you are looking for a fun and delicious bread to make, this Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread is it! Full of flavor and texture, this loaf is perfect for the holidays, gifting, or a delicious snack to make anytime of the year.
The combination of cranberries and walnuts make this bread festive for holidays. However, it really is the perfect loaf to make year round. Sweet dried cranberries are a great snack to have on hand and work perfectly in this loaf bread.
And the glaze really sends this loaf over the top. Sweet and simple, is the perfect way to finish off your bread for a dessert treat. Or skip the glaze and spread on some butter for a tasty breakfast on the go. For another delicious sweet bread, be sure to try this Strawberry Rhubarb Bread recipe.
While this recipe is perfect year round, the cranberries and cinnamon make it ideal for the holidays. This would be the perfect bread to make in the colder months to have on hand for when when guests arrive. Plus, it freezes great so you can bake ahead and save for later.
Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread
Mashed bananas is always a great to include when you are baking. That’s why they play a role in my cranberry bread recipe. The bananas help to keep the loaf moist while adding some flavor to the dish.
Firstly, you are going to need a loaf pan. I recommend the economical Amazon Basics Non-Stick Bread Pans if you don’t already have loaf pans. These are perfect to include if you are making this bread to give away.
Also, did I mention this bread is made in one bowl? Just get out your handheld mixer and beat it all together for easy clean up and prep. Firstly, combine the bananas, yogurt, butter, eggs, brown sugar, and sugar in a bowl and mix.
Secondly, add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in the dried cranberries and walnuts, and you’re done. Just transfer to a greased loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
Next, prep the glaze for the bread. You could always skip the glaze and eat the loaf as is. But, if you are looking for a really special treat, then the glaze is a must!
To make, simply whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until you reach a pourable, but not too thin consistency. Drizzle over the cooled bread. Add dried cranberries and walnuts over top for a pretty finish.
For a simple banana bread recipe using pancake mix, be sure to try my Pancake Mix Banana Bread. It’s a simple and delicious treat!
Easy Holiday Baking Recipes
If you’re like me, as soon as the temperature drops after summer, it’s time to turn on the oven and start baking! Here are some of my favorite holiday baking recipes:
- Pumpkin Muffins are super moist and so easy to make. And don’t miss the crunchy brown sugar cinnamon topping!
- Cranberry Orange Muffins are made with real cranberries and orange zest.
- Glazed Pumpkin Bread is a better-than-Starbucks copycat that will forever be a fan favorite.
- Croissant Baked French Toast with Cinnamon Apples is the perfect make-ahead holiday brunch dish.
- Pumpkin Walnut Raisin Bread is a flavor combination that just can’t be beat around the holidays.
- Baked Eggnog French Toast will have you excited to get up in the cold winter mornings.
Hope you love this recipe! Comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- ⅓ cup plain fat-free greek yogurt
- ¼ cup melted butter (half a stick)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the mashed bananas, yogurt, butter, eggs, and sugars until well combined. In the same bowl, beat in the flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour battter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan and letting cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Pour glaze over cooled loaf.