Delicious and easy Glazed Cranberry Orange Muffins are made with fresh cranberries, orange zest, and have a sweet orange glaze over them. Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
What to do with Leftover Cranberries
Got leftover cranberries? Then you definitely need to make this recipe. Cranberry Orange Muffins are a great use of leftover cranberries from the holidays.
Also, don’t worry about this muffin being tart or sour. The sweetness of the orange juice and sugar balance out the cranberry perfectly. You’ll find that this is a great muffin to have on hand for brunches or a quick weekday breakfast.
Moreover, muffins are great to have in the refrigerator or freezer at all times. They make a great snack and are perfect to eat on the go. Personally, these Cranberry Orange Muffins are almost always in my fridge after the holidays. It’s the perfect use for leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving!
Cranberry Orange Muffins are great to entertain with as well. Moreover, they are elegant enough to serve at a baby shower or bridal shower brunch, or to have for Easter or Christmas.
If you are in the market for a new muffin tin, be sure to check out my favorite AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan – 2-Pack.
Tips for Making Cranberry Orange Muffins
- If your cranberries are frozen, microwave them for a minute then roughly chop using a sharp knife. Or you can leave them whole for a tart bite, delicious!
- If you are looking for a tarter muffin, omit the milk and use orange juice instead.
- Note that the glaze makes enough to lightly drizzle over the dozen muffins. If you want a heavier glaze, double the amount of powdered sugar and orange juice you use.
- Be sure to test doneness of the muffins using a toothpick as the color of the muffin doesn’t change much when baking.
- Apply the glaze when the muffins are cooled so it adheres better.
- Make-ahead Cranberry Orange Muffins and freeze in an airtight container for up to two months.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 orange, zested (about a tablespoon of zest)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly diced or whole
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the orange juice, milk, egg, and zest and beat to combine. (Mixture will be lumpy) Stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and orange juice, adding more or less juice until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle overtop of cooled muffins.