Easy to make Mini Baked Meatball Sandwiches are the perfect party appetizer or main dish for your next get together. Made on King’s Hawaiian Rolls, you are going to love this delicious and simple twist on traditional Italian meatball subs.
These delicious mini baked meatball sandwiches are a great party food! Moreover, it’s all of the tasty flavors you find in meatball subs, in a cute and portable slider bun.
So, if you are looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer, this is it! No one can resist the deliciousness of these Italian sliders served on super soft and slightly sweet King’s Hawaiian Rolls. Add some of your favorite homemade or jarred marinara sauce, and you have a simple and satisfying dish done in no time!
Easy Pull-Apart Sandwich Recipes
If you’re looking for a fun and easy main dish or appetizer for your party, pull-apart sandwiches are perfect! Additionally, pull-apart sandwiches are totally customizable. Here are some of my favorite recipes:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders are one of my all time favorite pull-apart sandwiches! So delicious and cheesy, these are guaranteed to be your new favorite party food.
- Simple Veggie Sliders are a healthy and delicious mini sandwich recipe. Moreover, they are great to have for vegetarian and vegan guests.
- Easy Baked Cheeseburger Sliders are simple to make in the oven! This recipe is great because you only have to make one large patty and then cut and serve mini burgers.
- Chicken Parmesan Slider is a fun twist on traditional sliders and uses minimal ingredients. Additionally, you can make this super easy by using packaged chicken tenders.
- Cuban Sliders are a simplified Cuban sandwich recipe made with ham lunch meat, Swiss cheese, and pickles.
More Recipes for an Italian Food Party
Plain and simple, people love Italian food! So if you are looking to put together a delicious menu that everyone will love, Italian food is always a safe bet. And, this recipe for Mini Baked Meatball Sliders are a great starter to your menu.
Moreover, Italian food is perfect for a party because it’s relatively simple and affordable to make. Here are some of my favorite recipes for an Italian food party:
- Make-Ahead Turkey Meatballs are the perfect make-ahead party food recipe. You can freeze these juicy and flavorful meatballs up to a month in advance. Then just heat and serve straight out of a crockpot.
- Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce is always a crowd favorite. Cheesy and meaty ziti is a cost effective and totally delicious way to feed your guests.
- Easy Vegetable Lasagne is a perfect vegetarian option for the your Italian food party.
- Antipasto Pasta Salad has all of the flavors of an antipasto plate tossed with pasta in a tangy dressing.
- Turkey Spinach Manicotti is a make-ahead friendly meal that is also freezer friendly. You and your guests are going to love this lightened up healthy version of manicotti.
- Pesto Tortellini Skewers couldn’t be simpler to make. Cute and portable skewers get dressed up with store-bought pesto sauce.
- Limoncello Ricotta Cake will be your new favorite Italian cake. Moist and full of delicious lemony flavor topped with a cream cheese frosting.
- Italian Thumbprint Cookies are a traditional Italian cookie perfect for your Italian food party menu.
- Almond Ricotta Cake tastes even better than Nonna’s! This normally dense cake gets a makeover using ricotta cheese and almond extract.
- Italian Turkey Sausage Meatballs are super moist and flavorful. Sure to be your new favorite meatball recipe!
How to Make Mini Baked Meatball Sandwiches
Making delicious Mini Baked Meatball Sandwiches is super simple and easy to do. Plus, you can prep the meat ahead of time and just bake before serving.
Firstly, you need to prep the meat for the sandwiches. This recipe calls for only one pound of ground beef. I like to use and 85/15 blend but any ground beef will work.
Mix the meat in the bowl along with panko bread crumbs, parmesan, an egg, chopped parsley, ketchup, and kosher salt. Here, you can use a fork to combine all of these ingredients or clean hands if it’s easier for you, whatever you prefer.
Once combined, divide the meat into 12 equal sized portions and roll into balls. Then, flatten gently into patties, and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly brown, about 8 minutes.
Next, top each patty with marinara sauce and sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese. Then, return to oven to melt cheese, about 2-3 minutes.
Slice open the bread buns. For this recipe, you really do need delicious King’s Hawaiian Bread Rolls. They are soft and subtly sweet. Moreover, they are the perfect size and texture for these mini sandwiches.
Place the meatball patties on each of the twelve bun bottoms and place the top half of the bread on top. Press down slightly.
Butter Topping for Mini Baked Meatball Sandwiches
Lastly, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in 1/2 teaspoon each oregano and garlic powder. Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the bread rolls. Then, return to oven to allow the sandwich buns to get golden brown on top, about 2-3 minutes.
These sliders are ready to eat! Just serve on a platter and allow guests to pull apart their own little sandwich. However, you could also skewer each sandwich and serve individually for a fancier presentation. Anyway you eat them, they’re delicious!
Tried this recipe? Be sure to comment below and let me know what you think!
Mini Baked Meatball Sandwiches
- 1 pound ground beef (85/15 blend)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs (regular bread crumbs work too)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 12-count pack King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the meat, panko, egg, parmesan, parsley, ketchup and kosher salt. Use a fork or hands to mix. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions and roll into balls. Gently flatten into about 2 inch patties and place on one of the foil lined baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove meatball patties from oven. Top individual patties with marinara sauce and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Without separating the individual rolls, cut the entire package rolls in half using a serrated knife. Place each of the meatball patties on top of the 12 buns. Sandwich with the top half of the buns.
- In a small dish, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and oregano. Brush butter mixture over top of the sandwich buns. Return to oven and bake for 2-3 more minutes until tops of the bread are golden brown. Serve warm.