Antipasto Sliders on King’s Hawaiian Rolls are filled with Italian Antipasto flavors like salami, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, olives, provolone, and pesto. These sliders are a delicious mini Italian sandwich that’s perfect for any occasion!
Simple and easy to make Antipasto Sliders are sure to become your new favorite slider recipe. Made on soft and slightly sweet King’s Hawaiian Rolls, these are the perfect mini sandwiches for your next get together.
Missing an ingredient? No problem! This recipe is great with whatever antipasto favorites you have on hand.
And, if you love antipasto flavored dishes, be sure to check out my Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad. For another Italian-inspired appetizer, check out these Italian Deviled Eggs made with salami and parmesan.
Read on to see how easy it is to make Antipasto Sliders on King’s Hawaiian Rolls. One bite and they’re sure to be your new favorite slider recipe.
Traditional Antipasto Flavors
Antipasto is the traditional first course of an Italian meal. An antipasto platter is a tasty combination of cured meats, vegetables, and cheeses that are often served with Italian bread. Since it is an Italian dish, the meats and cheeses are those common to Italian cuisine.
Traditional antipasto flavors include:
- Cured Italian meats such as salami, provolone, mortadella, capocollo, and soppressata.
- Brined vegetables such as peperoncini, artichoke hearts, roasted red bell peppers, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Italian olives.
- Italian cheeses such as provolone, boconicini, mozzarella, and parmigiano-reggiano.
- Crusty Italian bread.
- Dipping sauces including pesto, and oil and vinegar.
How to Make Antipasto Sliders
Antipasto Sliders are super simple to put together. For this recipe, I stick to the traditional antipasto flavors and use easy to find ingredients.
Firstly, start by slicing your King’s Hawaiian Rolls in half lengthwise. It is best to use a serrated knife for this.
Then, place the bottom half of the rolls in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Alternatively, you can use a baking sheet lined with foil. Then, spread the prepared pesto over the bottom half of the rolls.
Next, layer on the slices of salami so that each slice sits on top of a bun. You could substitute whatever Italian meats you have on hand – prosciutto would be delicious here.
Then, layer on the toppings. Here, I like to use the traditional antipasto platter toppings: marinated artichoke hearts, roasted bell peppers, and olives. However, you can use whatever toppings you like. Things like marinated mushrooms, peperoncini, or tomatoes would be delicious here too.
Be sure to drain and dry the toppings before you add them on. Also, slice and dice the toppings to the size you like. Remember these are pull-apart rolls. So if you want to include big chunks, add them to the middle of the buns.
Lastly, top with sliced provolone cheese. Again, you can substitute whatever cheese you like. Mozzarella or a mild white cheese would be great here.
Seasoned Butter Topping for Antipasto Sliders
What really makes these rolls special is the seasoned butter topping. Brush the tops of the rolls just prior to baking.
To make the topping, simply combine melted butter with oregano and garlic powder. Then, use a pastry brush to coat the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.
Lastly, cover the pan with foil and bake. These sliders are best served warm right out of the oven.
King’s Hawaiian Rolls recipes
Check out some of these delicious and easy recipes using King’s Hawaiian Rolls:
Pull Apart Cuban Slider Sandwiches
Mini Baked Meatball Sandwiches
Easy Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
I hope you love this recipe for Antipasto Sliders. Be sure to comment below if you try it. Enjoy!
Antipasto Sliders on Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 12 count Kings Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls
- ¼ cup pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 12 slices salami
- 1 cup canned or jarred artichoke hearts drained, diced and patted dry
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers drained, diced and patted dry
- ½ cup green olives drained, diced and patted dry
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the King's Hawaiian Rolls in half usig a serrated knife. Place the bottom half of the bread in a baking pan and spread on the pesto.
- Layer the salami on top of the pesto adding one piece of salami over each individual bread roll. Then, sprinkle on the diced artichoke hearts, roasted red bell peppers, and olives. Add on the provolone cheese slices. Place the top of the bread on the sandwiches.
- Microwave the butter in a small bowl until melted. Stir in the oregano and garlic powder. Use a pastry brush to brush the top of the sandwiches with the butter mixture.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through. Pull apart sandwiches to eat.
It looks so yum!! Thank you for sharing the recipe! This’s gonna be a great party ideas!
This sounds so delicious and very flavorful! Perfect for our lunch tomorrow! Such an easy recipe to put together. 🙂 Thank you!
I love how you can slice all of these breadrolls in half together, and then once they are cooked, pull them apart as individual sliders. I love all the flavors and textures in these tasty bites.
All my fav flavors in slider form? Heck ya, I’m all over this! I can’t wait to make them and impress everyone!
Bookmarking this recipe so I can make it for a picnic this weekend! Looks delicious!