Pesto Tortellini Skewers are an easy and fast appetizer that is perfect for holidays, birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers, and weddings! Made in minutes with only 4 ingredients, don’t miss this easy and crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Entertaining doesn’t get easier than these Pesto Tortellini Skewers. Elegant and fun, guests will love the portability and ease of eating this simple appetizer. Great to have on hand as a vegetarian appetizer as well!
These are the ideal appetizer for baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, birthdays, holidays, and Christmas Eve dinner. Yummy and fast, they are a great addition to a meat and cheese tray as well.
Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers
So simple, just boil the tortellini and toss with store-bought pesto. (I love the Kirkland brand pesto from Costco). Thread onto a bamboo skewer the cheese of your choice (here I did provolone). Then add a cherry tomato and tortellini, top with more pesto and you’re done!
Moreover, this appetizer is perfect for social events where you are serving cocktails. Guests will love that they can have a drink in one hand and be able to hold their appetizer with the other! Additionally, these are totally customizable. Use whatever cheese you’d like (mozzarella balls or white cheddar would be great). And whatever flavor tortellini you prefer. Love that you can use store-bought pesto too!
If you need bamboo skewers, check out these awesome Bamboo Cocktail Picks Skewer with Knotted Ends from Amazon. You get 300 skewers for such an awesome price!
However, what to do with that leftover pesto? Serve a bit alongside the skewers and freeze the rest in ice cube trays. Then when you need pesto to add to pasta, just pop one out and you’re set!
Pesto Tortellini Skewers
- 1/2 pound cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound cheese cubes like provolone or mozzarella
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add tortellini. Cook according to package directions, about 5 minutes, and drain. Toss with 1/4 cup of pesto, set aside.
- On a small bamboo skewer, add cheese cube, tomato, and tortellini. Set on serving tray and spoon a bit more pesto on the tortellini. Serve extra pesto on the side if desired.