Easy Mexican Street Corn Salad has all of the flavors of traditional grilled Mexican street corn with mayo, cojita cheese, and chili powder. Make ahead and save time for your next party.
Mexican Street Corn Salad has all the flavors of traditional street corn, with less work and you can make it ahead! Perfect for Mexican-themed dinners or served as a delicious side dish at a barbecue or brunch.
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Salad
This dish couldn’t be easier to make. First, you need to grill the corn to help bring out all of the flavors and sweetness of the corn. I usually cut the kernels directly off the cob, but in a pinch you could use thawed frozen corn.
If you have access to a grill, you can grill the corn directly to get that delicious charred effect. If not, sautéing the corn on a hot skillet with canola oil will work as well. For this recipe, I used my Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Pan, but a nonstick skillet would work fine.
After you cook the until charred, set aside to cool. Then, mix together the mayo, lime, seasonings, cilantro, and red onion. Toss with the cooled corn.
To save time, the entire salad can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated overnight. Add the avocado and cojita cheese just prior to serving. Can’t find cojita cheese, feel free to substitute mild feta cheese instead.
So give your guests a tasty surprise next football game or barbecue and serve up this delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad… you’re going to love it!
Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe:
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cojita cheese (can substitute feta)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly charred in spots (about 10 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the garlic, onion, mayo, lime juice, cayenne, cilantro, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the cooled corn and toss to coat the kernels with the dressing.
- Add the avocado and cojita cheese to the salad right before serving. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!