Quick and easy Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are a simple, no-fuss and little clean up meal. This weeknight dinner comes together in 20 minutes and is a great low calorie and healthy option.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to get dinner on the table in 20 minutes, then Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas is perfect! Full of flavor, these crowd pleasing Tex Mex inspired shrimp fajitas are sure to make you smile with almost no clean up necessary!
What I love about these Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas, is how simple they are to make. This is what makes it the perfect make-ahead party recipe. You can just chop the veggies ahead of time and toss with seasonings. When guests arrive, just pop the fajitas in the oven. Moreover, they are great served warm or a room temperature.
Another great perk is how low calorie this dish is. Filled with veggies and lean protein, this is a great dish to make if you are dieting. Skip the tortillas, add some avocado and cauliflower rice, and you have a low carb dinner in no time.
Other Make-Ahead Mexican Food Recipes
When it comes to entertaining, you can’t beat serving Mexican food. It is easy to make and has simple ingredients. You can’t beat the flavor!
These Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas would be an excellent addition to my Taco Bar Ideas – Easy Mexican Buffet Menu. They cook up fast and are delicious served warm or a room temperature.
Another great option to add to a Taco Bar is Grilled Carne Asada. Marinate the flank steak in advance and grill before serving. Serve alongside tortillas, sour cream, Pico de Gallo and avocado. My personal favorite recipe for Pico de Gallo, an essential for a good Mexican spread, is The Pioneer Woman’s recipe.
There are also some super delicious make-ahead Mexican casseroles that are great for parties as well as weeknight dinner. Green Enchilada Casserole with Ground Turkey is an easy and quick dinner to put together that you can bake right before serving. Plus, this lightened up dish is something you can feel great about eating as well. And if you want chicken, Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Red Sauce are hands down a crowd favorite. Make this dish ahead and then bake before serving.
As for appetizers, my ultimate make-ahead favorite is Cream Cheese Bean Dip. This make-ahead bean dip is so simple and creamy, it’s sure to one of your favorites too!
How to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
To make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas, you need just few ingredients. First, slice the bell peppers and onion thinly in long strips. You have to cook the bell peppers and onions longer than the shrimp so these will need to bake first.
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean up. Toss the onions and bell peppers with oil and seasoning and bake for 10 minutes. To make this recipe super simple, I just use McCormick Taco Seasoning mix that I pick up at Costco. However, if you want to make your own seasoning, check out this Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe from I Wash You Dry.
Next, toss the shrimp with the oil, seasoning, and minced garlic. Place the shrimp directly on top of the onion and bell pepper mixture and return to oven. Bake for about six minutes, then broil to get charred flavor.
To bring up the flavor, squeeze lime juice over the shrimp and onions and toss with chopped cilantro.
Serve alongside tortillas, cotija cheese, avocado, and sliced limes.
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Make ahead by slicing the bell peppers and onions then tossing them and the shrimp with oil and seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Use red, orange, or yellow bell pepper. Green bell peppers don’t give enough flavor to this dish.
- Make it a burrito bowl and serve over Cilantro Lime Rice.
- I left the tails on the shrimp here, but to make life and serving easier, remove the tails before cooking.
- Skip the tortilla altogether and eat this alongside Mexican Street Corn Salad.
- If you can’t find Cotija cheese, you can substitute mild feta.
- Making this dish for a crowd, you can easily double or triple this recipe with great results.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced (use red, yellow, or orange peppers)
- 1/2 large onion, sliced about a cup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- tortillas, avocado and Cotija cheese for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together bell peppers, onions, one tablespoon olive oil, and one tablespoon taco seasoning. Pour onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in the same bowl toss together the shrimp, remaining olive oil and taco seasoning, and garlic. Place the shrimp on top of the bell pepper onion mixture and return to oven for six minutes. Broil for addition two minutes then remove from oven.
- Squeeze lime juice over top of sheet pan mixture and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve on tortillas topped with avocado slices and Cotija cheese (optional).
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and get easy and delicious make-ahead recipes to your inbox!