Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Red Sauce is made in the crockpot and then rolled and baked with a pink enchilada sauce topped with gooey cheddar cheese.
There are a lot of Chicken Enchilada recipes out there but this one is the very BEST! Moist and delicious chicken, topped with a tasty enchilada sauce and melted cheese, it’s just too good to pass up.
This is a great recipe for weeknight dinners or for a party. You can make the entire dish ahead of time and bake prior to serving. It’s also great that the chicken cooks in the crockpot slow cooker so that prep and clean up are a breeze.
Another advantage for cooking the chicken breast for the Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas in a slow cooker is that it keeps the meat super moist. I served this at a party and guests raved about the tender and delicious the chicken and flavorful sauce.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are also super easy to make! Give them a try and you’ll see why this is one of my most requested recipes ever!
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
First, cook the chicken. Just coat the inside of a crockpot with cooking spray and add the chicken breasts. Cook on low for 4 hours. (Alternatively, you could cook on high for 2 hours). When cooked, remove from crockpot and shred using two forks.
Add the chicken to a large bowl along with the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, seasoning, and corn. Mix to combine.
Next, make the pink sauce. In a bowl whisk together the enchilada sauce, sour cream, and greek yogurt.
Pour a bit of sauce on the bottom of the baking pan to lightly coat the bottom. Start rolling the enchiladas with the chicken mixture and add to the baking pan.
Pour on the remainder of the sour cream enchilada sauce and top with shredded cheddar.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, removing foil during last five minutes of cooking. Serve alongside sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes (optional).
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Red Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts (about two breasts)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (I like McCormicks)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 14-16 white corn tortillas
Sour Cream Red Sauce
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream optional
- Coat the inside of a crockpot with cooking spray. Add in chicken breast and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix until combined then fold in the corn to combine.
- To make the sauce, combine the enchilada sauce, yogurt, and sour cream in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole or baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Microwave the tortillas until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Spread about 1/3 cup of the chicken on the tortilla and roll into a burrito. Place in the baking dish and continue with the remaining chicken and tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve alongside tomatoes, guacamole, shredded lettuce, and sour cream (optional).
For another great enchilada recipe, don’t miss my Green Enchilada Casserole with Ground Turkey!
Sign up for and never miss a delicious and easy recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!