Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Red Sauce is made in the crockpot and then rolled and baked with a pink enchilada sauce topped with gooey cheddar cheese.
There are a lot of Chicken Enchilada recipes out there but this one is the very BEST! Moist and delicious chicken, topped with a tasty enchilada sauce and melted cheese, it’s just too good to pass up.
This is a great recipe for weeknight dinners or for a party. You can make the entire dish ahead of time and bake prior to serving. It’s also great that the chicken cooks in the crockpot slow cooker so that prep and clean up are a breeze.
Did you know you can make an entire turkey breast in the slow cooker? Be sure to try my Slow Cooker Turkey Breast for your next get together!
Another advantage for cooking the chicken breast for the Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas in a slow cooker is that it keeps the meat super moist. I served this at a party and guests raved about the tender and delicious the chicken and flavorful sauce.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are also super easy to make! Give them a try and you’ll see why this is one of my most requested recipes ever!
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Firstly, cook the chicken. Just coat the inside of a crockpot with cooking spray and add the chicken breasts. Cook on low for 4 hours. (Alternatively, you could cook on high for 2 hours). When cooked, remove from crockpot and shred using two forks.
Then, add the chicken to a large bowl along with the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, seasoning, and corn. Mix to combine.
Next, make the pink sauce. In a bowl whisk together the enchilada sauce, sour cream, and greek yogurt.
Pour a bit of sauce on the bottom of the baking pan to lightly coat the bottom. Start rolling the enchiladas with the chicken mixture and add to the baking pan.
Lastly, pour on the remainder of the sour cream enchilada sauce and top with shredded cheddar.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, removing foil during last five minutes of cooking. Serve alongside sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes (optional).
Easy Mexican Recipes
Mexican food is a staple in my house. Be sure to check out these other delicious and simple Mexican recipes that are great for any occasion!
Green Chili Chicken Burritos are a delicious and fun smothered burrito with much flavor.
Skillet Burritos are an amazingly simple one-pot meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Tomato Onion Salad is the perfect side dish for Mexican cuisine.
Spinach Artichoke Shrimp Quesadillas are super creamy and a fun take on the popular dip recipe.
Mexican Street Corn Salad is the best way to eat street corn! So creamy and delicious, it’s the perfect side dish for grilled meats.
I hope you love this recipe for Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas! Be sure to comment below if you try them. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Red Sauce
- 1 ¼ pounds chicken breasts (about two breasts)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (I like McCormicks)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 14-16 white corn tortillas
Sour Cream Red Sauce
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream optional
- Coat the inside of a crockpot with cooking spray. Add in chicken breast and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix until combined then fold in the corn to combine.
- To make the sauce, combine the enchilada sauce, yogurt, and sour cream in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole or baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about ¼ cup of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Microwave the tortillas until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Spread about ⅓ cup of the chicken on the tortilla and roll into a burrito. Place in the baking dish and continue with the remaining chicken and tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve alongside tomatoes, guacamole, shredded lettuce, and sour cream (optional).
For another great enchilada recipe, don’t miss my Green Enchilada Casserole with Ground Turkey!
Sign up and never miss a delicious and easy recipe!
These are our go to enchiladas now! No need to order take out when I can make them even more delicious at home!
Yum! These cream cheese chicken enchiladas are my new favorite! They are absolutely delicious and full of wonderful flavor. The enchiladas were a hit in my home so I know I’ll be making them again!
These look fabulous! I can’t wait to give these a try! My family is going to love these!
This is a great recipe! My whole family loved it. I like the use of greek yogurt in the sauce.
These enchiladas sound so delicious! And so easy to make, I can’t wait to try out this recipe!
Yum! I used this recipe as a base with a few variations. I have tried numerous chicken enchilada recipes, and this has been the best. As a kid I learned a similar technique to make a pink sauce by adding sour cream to the red sauce, and it results in a milder flavor. Thanks for the recipe.