This refreshing and easy Watermelon Feta Salad is tossed with delicious cubes of honeydew and cucumber, and a slightly sweet lime honey dressing. A perfect healthy side dish for grilling or just a fun change to your regular weeknight salad.
This sweet and slightly salty Watermelon Feta Salad is the perfect palette pleaser. Great to serve at barbecues, brunches, or just a switch to your regular salad, it is super easy to make and offers fun variety to the ordinary.
How to Make Watermelon Feta Salad
Firstly, you need to prep the fruits. Start by cubing the watermelon and honeydew. If you are making the salad for later, cut the fruit and store separately.
This salad is completely customizable. Feel free to use whatever other melons look good that day! To make ahead, just cut all of the ingredients, prep the dressing, but don’t toss together until you are ready to serve.
The tangy sweet dressing is a great accompaniment to the salty sweet salad mix. You are going to love how refreshing and delicious the salad is. Enjoy!
Other Tasty Fruit Salads
Whenever I mention salad to my kids, the assume lettuce and veggies. However, it is super delicious to incorporate fruit in both veggie salads and all fruit salads.
Fruit tends to wilt and ripen faster than veggies when cut, so if you are making ahead, just store the ingredients separate.
One of my favorite salads is my Berry Salad with Candied Walnuts. This salad is so easy to make and incorporates so many delicious fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and pears.
Another delicious option is this Spinach and Strawberry Salad from All Recipes. I love to make this salad whenever I come home with one of those big bags of spinach from Costco. Plus, the spinach holds up well for leftovers.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Honeydew and Cucumbers
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups honeydew, cubed
- 1 long English cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt to taste
- lime zest and lime wedges to garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, honeydew, cucumber, feta, and red onion. Make the dressing: whisk the lime juice, oil, honey and salt. Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle on lime zest and serve with limes wedges (optional).
Don’t miss my healthy Make-Ahead Greek Chicken to go along with your Watermelon Feta Salad!