Watermelon Water, also called Agua Fresca, is a simple and refreshing drink that’s great for the warmer months. Made in the blender, this drink comes together in minutes!
Refreshing and delicious, you are going to love this simple recipe. Read on to see how easy it is to make and all of the health benefits associated with this tasty drink!
If you love simple summertime drinks, be sure to try this Strawberry Rossini, Limoncello Spritz, or my favorite Grapefruit Paloma!
Why you need to try this recipe!
Watermelon Water is one of those recipes that is so simple and so delicious, you’re going to wonder why you didn’t make is sooner.
This refreshing drink is a simple mix of a few ingredients. The entire recipe is made in the blender and poured over ice.
Plus, there are so many health benefits to this drink. It a great way to replenish electrolytes and is absolute perfect to serve during the warmer months.
Both kids and adults love this recipe. Give it a try today!
To make watermelon water, all you need is watermelon, limes, sugar, and filtered water.
- Watermelon: use cubed or sliced seedless watermelon for this recipe. This is also a great way to use up that bland watermelon you may have bought.
- Sugar: you can always omit the sugar in this recipe if you are looking for something a bit healthier. You can substitute agave nectar here too, just use half the amount.
- Limes: the lime juice adds a nice balance to the sweetness of the watermelon. You will need about two small limes to get ¼ cup of juice.
How to Make Watermelon Water
Watermelon Water is such a simple and refreshing recipe! It’s perfect for those warmer months when you need to stay hydrated. See how easy it is to make:
Step 1: cut the watermelon into cubes. Be sure you are using a seedless watermelon. Add the watermelon to a blender. If you have a small blender, you may have to work in batches and only process half of the watermelon at a time.
Step 2: Add in the water, sugar, and lime juice. You can omit the sugar or add less if you’d like.
Step 3: Place the lid on the blender and blend until completely pureed. You can strain the watermelon water before drinking, but I prefer it as is.
Step 4: Pour the watermelon juice into a glass filed with ice and garnish with a lime wedge. Be sure to serve the drink very cold.
Watermelon Water can be made ahead of time. Just refrigerate until ready to serve. Be sure to stir before serving since the juice can separate.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- This recipe makes 4 servings. If your blender isn’t large enough for all of the ingredients, just work in batches and combine everything in a large pitcher after blending.
- If you happen to have a bland watermelon, this is a great way to sweeten up while still getting all of the health benefits of the fruit.
- Make ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve. Be sure to stir the juice before serving as it can separate while it sits.
Watermelon contains a variety of nutrients that are beneficial such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A and C. It’s a great drink to have after a big sweat session, or just to refresh yourself during the warmer months especially since it has such a high water content.
To make watermelon water, simply blend together watermelon cubes, water, lime juice, and a sweetener (optional).
No juicer required! You can use a blender or food processor.
More Delicious Recipes
Here are some more of my favorite recipes to serve when the weather turns warm:
- 8 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- In a large blender, combine the cubed watermelon, water, sugar, and lime juice. Place the lid on the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over ice and serve immediately. Garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
- If you have a smaller blender, you may have to work in batches. Combine all of the watermelon water in a large pitcher and stir to combine after blended.
- You can strain the watermelon water before drinking if you prefer.
- Be sure to serve this very cold.
- If making ahead, stir well before serving.
So refreshing and perfect for summer!
I absolutely love watermelon, so I can’t wait to try this! It looks so refreshing!
This watermelon water is so refreshing and perfect for watermelon season! We made one batch and drank it all then made a second one and added a little bit of vodka to it to sip on poolside and it was magical!
I’ve got to make a lot of this water because as long as watermelon is available, I can’t stop making watermelon recipes like this!
Watermelon water is the best. I make it all the time when it is as hot outside as it is now. Love it!
Me too! It’s so good and refreshing.