Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Bell Peppers is an easy, healthy weeknight dinner that can be made in advance. Moist and delicious, you’ll love this recipe and the secret flavor punch of using roasted bell peppers.
Turkey Meatloaf is a staple recipe that is quick and easy to put together… and it’s much healthier than it’s beef counterpart. This version uses jarred roasted bell peppers to add flavor to the meat while helping to keep it moist. Cut the bell pepper into strips to make a pretty design on top and add tons of flavor as the bell pepper melds into the delicious sauce.
I love adding the bell peppers this way because it helps to keep the meatloaf moist. Plus you can’t beat the gorgeous look of it when it cooks. This meatloaf is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner, but perfect for entertaining as well. Use whatever color jarred peppers you have on hand. Yellow and orange would look gorgeous too! Or you can even roast your own bell peppers.
How to Make Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Bell Peppers
This is a quick and easy recipe to put together. All you need is one large bowl for the turkey meatloaf ingredients. Combine and put in either a loaf pan or you can free form it on a foil lined baking sheet. Whip up the quick glaze topping, add the bell pepper strips, and you are ready to bake for about an hour, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
You can put together the turkey meatloaf ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. Or, it makes great leftovers and even better sandwiches, so feel free to bake the entire turkey meatloaf and reheat before serving.
Moist and delicious with such a pretty design. Great for get togethers or a quick family dinner. Enjoy!
Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Bell Pepper
- 1 ¾ pounds ground turkey
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup jarred roasted bell pepper, red and yellow, diced (about 2 peppers)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 jarred roasted bell pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. (Alternatively you can make a free-form loaf on a large baking tray.) In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the meatloaf (through pepper). Mix together and put in prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar. Spread on top of the meatloaf. Arrange the bell pepper strips on top of the sauce.
- Bake meatloaf for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer reads 160. Let meatloaf sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
While you have the oven on, try my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic… so yummy.