Easy to make Cookies and Cream Oreo Truffles are a tasty treat made with just four ingredients: crushed Oreos, cream cheese, candy melts, and mini Oreos. Cute and festive, guests will love these adorable and delicious truffles!
Oreos may just be the most perfect treat. While they are great to eat on their own, they are even better to use for making delicious and easy desserts. From cake pops to cheesecake brownie bars, I love to use them in cooking! And, if you love cookie butter, don’t miss these No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies!
Cookies and Cream Truffles
These Cookies and Cream Oreo Truffles are just another fun dessert that you can make with Oreos. Pulse the Oreos in a food processor for super simple assembly. Add in cream cheese and pulse to form a delicious dough ball. Refrigerate for 10 minutes and then roll into individual balls.
For a fun spin on the traditional, these truffles are then “glued” using candy melts, to an Oreo mini. How cute is that?!
Pop the tray of truffles back in the freezer for 10 minutes before adding the candy coating. While you could use white chocolate chips, I prefer to use Wilton Candy Melts for a more consistent finish. Additionally, these melts are so much easier to use. Just follow the package instructions on how to properly melt.
Microwave the melts on low heat stopping to stir in 30 second intervals, until completely melted. Dip the truffles into the coating, using the Oreo mini for a mess-free, easy dip!
Sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Alternatively, you could use colored sprinkles, sanding sugar, or nothing at all.
Allow to set completely before serving. To speed up, you can pop these in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes.
To make ahead, just refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week in advance. So easy, fun, and festive… perfect for any special occasion!
Cookies and Cream Oreo Truffles
- 1 14.3 ounce container Oreo cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 24 mini Oreos
- 1 10 ounce bag white melting wafers (divided) like Ghirardelli or Wiltons
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreo cookies until they are finely ground. Remove 2 tablespoons of the crumbs and set aside. Add in the cream cheese and pulse until combined and it forms a ball. Remove mixture and refrigerate for about 10 minutes. When cooled, roll into 24 equal sized balls (about a tablespoon each). Freeze the Oreo truffles for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 24 Oreo minis on a baking sheet or plate (that can fit in freezer) lined with parchment or wax paper. Heat ¼ of the white melting wafers in the microwave on low heat until melted, stoping to stir in 30 second intervals. Smear about ½ a teaspoon of the melted wafers onto the Oreo mini and add on a Oreo truffle. Place the tray in the freezer for 10 more minutes.
- Melt the remainder of the white melting wafers in a shallow microwave safe bowl on low heat stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Remove the Oreo truffles from the freezer and, while holding onto the Oreo mini, dip the truffle into the white chocolate. Place the truffle upright and sprinkle on the Oreo crumbs. Allow to harden completely before serving.
Leave a Reply