Cheesy Taco Pasta is the ultimate comfort food that is easy to make, ready in 20 minutes, and done in one pot! Similar to Hamburger Helper but so much more tasty and healthy with ground turkey. Don’t miss this incredibly simple and delicious recipe!
Also referred to as Homemade Hamburger Helper, this Cheesy Taco Pasta has all the same flavors but is so much better! The preparation couldn’t be easier and clean up is a breeze since it’s all done in one pot.
But don’t think this is a kids meal either. I have made version of this dish for many parties and gatherings and the adults love it just as much as the kids do.
One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta Video
Using a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat, brown the ground turkey, onions, and garlic. Add in the seasonings and tomatoes and cook for another minute.
Pour in the water and milk and bring the mixture to a low boil. Add in the macaroni and cook until al dente. Turn off the heat, fold in the cheeses, and you’re done! Let the Cheesy Taco Pasta sit for a couple of minutes to thicken and your main course is served. Devour with my Roasted Brussels Sprouts and you’ll have a complete meal in no time.
Easy One Pot Dinners
This recipe lets you have dinner on the table in 20 minutes. And you can feel good about serving your family something healthy and satisfying. If you are a fan of one pot dinners, be sure to check out some of my favorites below:
- Chicken Fajita Pasta – delicious and made with healthy whole grain penne pasta.
- One Pot Shrimp Orzo – a great weeknight dinner that’s also tasty enough to entertain with.
- One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta – so creamy and delicious, this is a crowd pleasing one pot dish.
- Chicken and Broccoli Tortellini – cheesy goodness that’s super easy to make in one pot.
Cheesy Taco Pasta with Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix (one packet)
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dried macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Cook ground turkey in a large skillet or pot over medium high heat until it starts to brown. Add in the onion and garlic and continue cooked through and onions have softened. Add in the taco seasoning mix and diced tomatoes and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the water and milk into the skillet. Bring to a low boil and add in the dried macaroni and cook, uncovered, until al dente (about 6-8 minutes). Turn off heat and stir in the cheddar cheese and cream cheese until combined. Allow mixture to sit for a minute or two to thicken before serving.
For another delicious and easy ground turkey recipe, don’t miss my Green Enchilada Casserole!
Be sure to sign up and get recipes to your inbox!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!