One-Pot Shrimp Orzo is an easy one-pan meal that comes together in 20 minutes and is so delicious! Elegant enough for a dinner party, but simple enough for a weeknight dinner.
There is nothing better than a one-pot meal that is quick and delicious! This One-Pot Shrimp Orzo comes together quickly and is great for a simple weeknight dinner or for entertaining.
This is a surprisingly budget-friendly meal to serve as well. Stretch the cost of the shrimp by only using a pound of it and having delicious orzo pasta do the rest.
Here’s another meal that’s also super kid-friendly too. If you’ve never used orzo pasta, it’s great! Easy to eat, even little ones will love scooping up this rice-shaped pasta.
This makes for delicious leftovers as well. I love to eat it cold for lunch the next day, so yummy! I like to add this dish to my one-pot meal rotation along with my Cheesy Taco Pasta and Healthy Turkey Chili.
Add in the orzo so it can absorb some of the flavors and brown a bit before adding in the chicken broth and water. Cook the orzo in the same pan, adding in lemon zest, lemon juice and then the shrimp about five minutes before the orzo is al dente.
Off the heat, stir in the parsley and top with parmesan. One-Pot Shrimp Orzo: easy, fast, and delicious… the perfect meal!
One-Pot Shrimp Orzo:
One-Pot Shrimp Orzo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound box orzo
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail removed, optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic, salt, and cherry tomatoes. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes begin to burst, about five minutes. Add in the orzo and stir until lightly browned, about two minutes. Pour in the broth, water, lemon juice and zest, and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cook according to package directions, about 10 minutes. During last 5 minutes of cooking, add in the shrimp and cook until orzo is al dente and shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Off the heat, stir in the parsley. Sprinkle on shredded parmesan.
P.S. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get quick and easy recipes to your inbox!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!