Shrimp Fried Brown Rice is a quick and healthy weeknight dinner that’s full of flavor, not of fat. Don’t miss this incredibly delicious version of a classic takeout dish.
Sometimes you just crave Chinese takeout… and for good reason, it’s delicious! However, my version of Shrimp Fried Brown Rice may have you rethinking your delivery call.
This dish is so simple. You could use regular white rice with it, but the brown rice gives such a nice nutty texture and it holds better for leftovers.
Shrimp Fried Brown Rice is made with frozen peas and corn, but use fresh if you have it. Also, you can keep the shrimp whole rather than cutting up like I did. By cutting it though, you get tasty shrimp morsels in every bite and it’s easier for the kids to eat.
How to Make Shrimp Fried Brown Rice
To make, sauté the shrimp in canola oil until pink and remove from the pan. A large nonstick skillet works or you could use a Nonstick Wok. Then add in the onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes and add in the veggies.
For this recipe, you could use either frozen peas and corn, or fresh. Canned would work as well, just be sure to drain off all of the liquid before adding the pan.
Add in the cooked brown rice, the sauce, and the cooked shrimp. Make a well in the middle for the eggs.
Crack in two large eggs and scramble.
Stir the eggs in with the rice and serve. So delicious, healthy, and easy, you may never call for takeout again. Enjoy!
Hope you love this simple and delicious recipe. Comment below if you try it. Enjoy!
Shrimp Fried Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown rice, dry could use 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, deviled with tail removed cut into pieces, optional
- 1 cup diced onion about half an onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen or fresh
- 1 cup peas frozen or fresh
- 2 large eggs
- Bring rice and 2 cups of water to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook until rice is al dente, according to package directions, about 35 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger paste. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add in another tablespoon of canola oil and cook the onions and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes. Add in the corn and peas and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the brown rice, sauce, and shrimp and cook for about a minute. Push the rice mixture to the sides of the pan and crack the two eggs into the middle of the pan. Use a fork to scramble. When eggs have set, mix into the rice mixture. Serve warm.