One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta is a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. With whole grain penne pasta, and reduced fat cream cheese, this protein-packed dish is guilt free and tasty enough to entertain with.
One-Pot dinners are ideal for busy weeknight dinners. This One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta comes together quickly and requires little clean up. Plus it’s healthy and full of protein… over 25 grams of protein per serving!
But the best part is that it’s totally delicious! Made with just a few ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand, this dish is hands down one of the best one-pot pastas out there.
One of my tips is to make sure you are using a big enough pot to handle the veggies, chicken, and a whole box of pasta. I personally love this Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven and use it all the time!
The recipe so simple. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat and add in the chicken, spices, then veggies. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add in the liquids, pasta and cook until al dente. Mix in the cheeses and salsa and you’re done.
One-Pot Pastas are essential for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. I love these dishes because of their low clean up factor and flavors! When you cook the pasta in the sauce, the flavor absorbs into the pasta itself. Moreover, less mess it always a plus. Give these one-pot pastas a try and you’ll agree it’s the better way to cook pasta.
One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in to small pieces about 1 1/4 pounds total
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (like McCormicks)
- 3 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 16 ounce box whole grain penne pasta (like Barrila)
- 8 ounces 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, cut into cubes could use regular cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa (whatever heat you like, I use mild)
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add in chicken and taco seasoning. Stir until coated and lightly brown, about 3 minutes. Add in the bell pepper and onion and stir for another 3 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Add in the penne and cook according to package directions, about 9-10 minutes, until al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese, cheddar, and salsa until melted. Let sit 3-4 minutes before serving.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!