Cheesy Chili Pasta is a great recipe to have on hand for busy weeknights. Easy to make with just a few ingredients, this chili recipe gets a helping hand with chili spice mix and lots of cheese!
Its dinnertime and you need to get something on the table fast! This recipe for Cheesy Chili Pasta is a great option to have on hand for busy weeknights. You probably already have all of the ingredients on hand and it’s so simple to make!
Be sure to also check out my one-pot Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe that uses similar ingredients and flavors and tastes like homemade Hamburger Helper!
Cheesy Chili Pasta
Sometimes its the simplest dishes that are the most comforting and tasty. Cheesy Chili Pasta fits the bill and is a tasty, kid-friendly dish. I love that you can throw all of the chili ingredients into a pot and not have to fuss with them.
You can make this recipe quick and cook it for 20 minutes. Or you can let is sit and simmer for an hour. The chili recipe is goofproof and perfect when you need to get something healthy and delicious on the table.
Tips for making Cheesy Chili Pasta:
- You could substitute ground beef or chicken for the ground turkey. If the meat is frozen, cook it low and slow, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Don’t have cannellini beans? You can also substitute kidney beans, pinto beans, or black beans.
- Moreover, I love that this dish takes a helping hand from a pre-made chili spice mix. If you don’t have one of these packets on hand, you can substitute with some chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and whatever other seasonings you enjoy in your chili. Check out this Homemade Chili and Taco Seasoning Recipe from My Baking Addiction for ideas.
- Also, note that the chili seasoning packets tend to be on the mild side, which is great for my family! But if you wanted to add some heat, you could add in a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or ¼ teaspoon of cayenne.
- You can top with whatever shredded cheese you like. Also, you can substitute non-fat Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
- Serve this over whatever pasta you have on hand. I like to use rotini because it’s easy to eat and grabs on the chili well. But if you have spaghetti, just use that!
- Great topped like traditional chili with jalapeños, onions, salsa, and chips.
It truly is a stress-free and easy dinner. Enjoy!
Cheesy Chili Pasta with Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion (about ½ an onion)
- 1 1.25 ounce packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 15 ounce can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound rotini pasta (can substitute any pasta)
- cheddar cheese and sour cream for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the ground turkey and brown while breaking up with a spoon. When nearly browned, add in the diced onion and cook for another 3 minutes. Add in the chili seasoning, beans, and crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Simmer for at least 10 minutes or up to an hour.
- While the chili simmers, boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain. Serve the chili over the pasta and top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.