Asian Noodle Salad is a great alternative to your typical lunch salad. It is filling enough to keep you fueled all day long thanks to protein-packed peanut butter and fiber-filled whole wheat noodles. Plus, there is a healthy dose of veggies to make you feel extra good about what you are eating.
Make a batch of this Asian Noodle Salad at the beginning of the week to have on hand. It is great to take for lunches and you can add some rotisserie chicken or tofu on top to make it a full meal. It’s great cold, so no need to wait for the microwave during your lunch break!
Asian Noodle Salad is also vegan friendly. Made with no animal products, and filled with lots of healthy ingredients, you can now feel extra virtuous about your meal choice. And it’s super delicious!
The cost of the salad is another great benefit. The dressing is made with ingredients you probably already have on hand, although you may need a trip to the grocery store for cabbage and bell pepper, which will run you about $2 to $3! Well worth it to be able to eat healthy all week and not spent a fortune on buying lunches.
Asian Noodle Salad is also a great way to use up any fresh veggies you may have in the fridge. Made with cabbage, bell pepper, green onions, and celery, you could also toss in any other veggies you may have on hand. It would be great with cauliflower, broccoli, bean sprouts, or shredded carrots. Also, you can substitute a bag of coleslaw mix for the cabbage if you don’t feel like chopping!
Asian Noodle Salad
My number one tip for Asian Noodle Salad is to make sure you toss it all together in a very large bowl! You are going to need lots of room to combine everything. And forget about using tongs… clean hands are your best tool for this toss.
Another tip, buy the ginger in a squeeze bottle. If you’ve every tried grating ginger, you’ll soon realize this squeeze stuff is nothing short of amazing.
Break the noodles in half (much easier to eat that way) and boil according to package directions. Chop and put all the vegetables in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Asian Peanut Dressing
Prep the salad dressing. Put the peanut butter in the bowl first and microwave for 30 seconds so it combines easier with the other ingredients. Add them all to a bowl and whisk.
Assemble the Salad
Next, add the cooked pasta and dressing to the bowl and toss. Remember when I said to use a very large bowl, you’re welcome! Also, clean hands are your best kitchen tool for this toss.
This Asian Noodle Salad is sure to be one of your new favorites to have on hand. Perfect for lunches it would also be great to serve as a side at BBQs, picnics, and as a brunch item. My favorite way to top Asian Noodle Salad is with a healthy dose of Sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
Asian Noodle Salad
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar could substitute honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- juice of a lime could substitute lemon
- *optional: Sriracha sauce to taste
- Bring water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Set aside one cup of the pasta cooking liquid before draining.
- For the salad, place the vegetables in a very large mixing bowl (you will need a very large bowl to toss all of the salad). Set aside.
- For the dressing, measure the peanut butter into a mixing bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk in the remaining dressing ingredients. If needed, thin the dressing with some pasta water. Dressing will be thick but should be pourable.
- Toss the pasta noodles with the vegetables and dressing. Top with Sriracha sauce, optional.
If you’re looking for a way to throw a stress-free, budget-friendly party, check out Party Planning in 5 Easy Steps.
P.S. Be sure to sign up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER (below) and follow us on FACEBOOK!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!