Farro Tabbouleh Salad is a tasty twist on the traditional Lebanese tabouli salad made with bulgur. Made with Farro, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, and lemon juice, this salad is a delicious and easy make-ahead dish that’ll keep in the refrigerator all week.
This recipe and combination of flavors make for a true flavor punch. Healthy, quick, make ahead, and delicious, this dish truly has it all. Moreover, it’s a salad that seems to get better as it refrigerates.
Best of all, this salad comes together quickly and is allergen friendly. It’s a great side dish to include at your next barbecue or brunch, or can be served with grilled chicken or salmon for a healthy and delicious meal.
Don’t have an ingredients, no worries! This salad is great for substitutions and works well with any fresh vegetables you have on hand. So read below on how to make this healthy and delicious Farro Tabbouleh Salad.
Farro Tabbouleh Salad
Farro is an ancient grain that hosts a bunch of health benefits. But if you are not a fan, you can always substitute quinoa, barley, or bulgur. These ancients grains are thankfully now grocery store staples, so you should have no problem find them. If you wanted to order online, Amazon has Bob’s Red Mill Farro in bulk for a great price.
I was able to find par-cooked Farro at Trader Joe’s and it only took 10 minutes to boil. Once the Farro is cooked, just set aside to cool before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Next, add all of the chopped veggies to the bowl along with the Farro. Lastly, prepare the simple dressing and toss with the veggies and you are all set!
Farro Tabbouleh Salad holds up excellent in the fridge and can last about 5 days. Add grilled chicken, salmon, or tofu, and you have a complete meal.
If you are looking for more healthy and delicious Mediterranean-style salads, be sure to check out:
- Parsley Quinoa Chickpea Salad is a tasty and refreshing take on traditional tabbouleh salad.
- Kale Quinoa Salad tastes amazing with raisins, walnuts, parmesan, and a lemony dressing.
- Brussels Sprouts Salad is so easy and healthy, it is the perfect side dish for holidays, brunches, or weeknight dinners.
I hope you love this recipe for Farro Tabbouleh Salad. You can also switch up the flavors and toss with Kalamata olives and feta for a more Mediterranean taste. Enjoy!
Farro Tabbouleh Salad
- 4 cups cooked farro; cooled from about 1 ½ cup dry
- 1 bunch parsley; chopped about 2 cups chopped
- 1 long English cucumber; peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes; seeded and diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Combine cooked farro, parsley, cucumber, tomato, red onion in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to farro mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
For a super simple make-ahead meal, try Farro Tabouli Salad with easy Make-Ahead Greek Chicken. Delicious!