Looking for a healthy and delicious superfood salad that you can make ahead? This kale quinoa salad tastes amazing with raisins, walnuts, parmesan, and a lemony dressing.
Kale Quinoa Salad is so easy to make and can easily keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Thus, it’s a perfect make-ahead salad to have on hand during a busy week. Moreover, add grilled chicken or salmon and you have a complete meal in no time!
How to Make Kale Quinoa Salad
Firstly, you can use bagged chopped kale for this salad or buy a fresh bunch. Either way, make sure you remove the hard spine from the leaf and chop it to your desired size.
Lastly, combine all of the salad ingredients and toss. Whisk together the dressing and pour over the salad tasting as you go. You can even dress this salad now if you are making Kale Quinoa salad ahead of time.
This salad gets better with time so let it sit for at least an hour before serving.
However, if you don’t have golden raisins, you can substitute regular raisins, or even dried cranberries or cherries. Also, use whatever nut you have on hand.
If you think you don’t like kale, give this Kale Quinoa Salad a try. It’ll make a kale-lover out of anyone! This is a great salad to make for the holidays too. I like to serve in for Thanksgiving Dinner and Easter. It pairs well with the meat as and doesn’t overpower any the other foods. Enjoy!
Kale Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 10 ounce bag kale
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop kale, being careful to remove any hard stems. Add kale, cooled quinoa, parmesan, raisins, and walnuts to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Toss together the dressing and salad and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Salad can be made up to a day in advance.
Make this salad for the week and serve along with Make-Ahead Greek Chicken.
Here at This Delicious House, we strive to give readers easy and delicious recipes that are great for weeknight dinners or get togethers. Sign up for our newsletter and never miss a recipe or fun party idea!
P.S. Be sure to sign up for our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook!