Looking for an easy, delicious, and make-ahead cookie for the 4th of July? Don’t miss these simple 4th of July Cookies that will make everyone happy!
Coming up with a dessert treat for Independence Day couldn’t be easier or tastier. These 4th of July cookies are so simple, delicious, and soft – all your guests are sure to love them! Bake ahead and freeze in a ziplock bag, or make and refrigerate the dough a day in advance and bake the day of.
How to Make 4th of July Cookies
The recipe for these cookies is actually a modified version of the Nestle Tollhouse recipe. It has been tried and tested for guaranteed deliciousness. For a spin on this cookie, you could also sandwich it between a scoop of vanilla ice-cream for a tasty and easy ice-cream sandwich… add sprinkles and you’re super festive now!
To ensure that the 4th of July Cookies have uniform red, white, and blue on top, don’t add the M&M’s and 1/2 cup of the white chocolate chips until after you have dropped them on the cookie sheet.
So yummy and pretty! Moreover, I love that these cookies can be made in advance and frozen until ready to serve. Thus, you just really can’t go wrong with adding colorful M&M’s to your cookies. I have other simple holiday inspired cookies that are sure to please. Sometime I even add a packet of vanilla Jell-O pudding mix to enhance the flavors. Be sure to check out my Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies, video below:
Patriotic Cookies Recipe:
4th of July Cookies with M&M’s
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (two sticks)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chip morsels divided
- 1/2 cup red and blue M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Roll about a tablespoon of batter and drop onto ungreased baking sheets. (Cookies will spread, so make sure you have enough space.) Gently press down the batter and add in 4-5 M&M’s and 4-5 white chocolate chips to the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes and remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Looking for more great 4th of July Recipes, don’t miss this entire 4th of July Menu that is completely make ahead! Moreover, for another easy dessert to serve on the 4th of July, try these super simple Fruit and Donut Kabobs.
Don’t forget to sign up and follow This Delicious House on Facebook!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!