Tasty and easy, this recipe for make-ahead Greek Chicken is worth trying and saving. Marinated in garlic, lemon, and oregano, this is definitely not another boring chicken recipe.
There is a reason that this one of the the most popular recipes on this site! It’s simple, healthy, and oh-so delicious. Great to have on hand for a tasty protein addition to any meal.
Try once, and you will be adding Make-Ahead Greek Chicken to your weekly rotation. The ingredients are simple and use things you probably already have in your pantry: garlic, oil, oregano, lemon, and vinegar.
Make-Ahead Greek Chicken Recipe
To make, combine the chicken and marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to a day in advance. Then just grill and you’re done!
Make-Ahead Greek Chicken is a great recipe to include in your meal prep. I love it because it holds up beautifully throughout the week. Then you can just toss it into salads or wraps. If you have access to an outdoor grill, you could barbecue the chicken, but a stove and a nonstick skillet do an excellent job as well.
Next, when the chicken is cooked through, cut it up and put it back in the pan for another minute or two. This will warm it through and coat with all of the juices. This is an excellent way to add flavor and ensure that it stays moist throughout the week.
You can get excellent results by doubling or tripling this recipe as well. So give your old boring chicken recipe a shake up and try Greek Chicken… you’re going to love it! Moreover, if you’re looking for a new nonstick frying pan, shop my Amazon pick for this 12 inch Earth Stone Frying Pan.
Try this out with my super healthy make-ahead Kale Quinoa Salad, and you’ll be eating healthy and happy all week long!
Make-Ahead Greek Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound each)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- lemon slices for serving (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag. Add all of the remaining ingredients (less 1/2 tablespoon olive oil) to the bag and seal. Gently massage the marinate over the chicken to distribute, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook 7 minutes per side until nicely browned. Shut off heat and cover the chicken with lid. Let sit in the skillet for 5 minutes to completely cook through.
- Slice the chicken and return to the pan. Warm through over medium low heat to absorb some of the juices. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a delicious meal prep make-ahead to add to recipes during the week.
Sign up for the newsletter and never miss an easy to make recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!