This Brussels Sprouts Salad is so easy and healthy, it is the perfect side dish for holidays, brunches, or weeknight dinners.
Brussel sprouts are one of the those ingredients you hated as a kid but now love as an adult. I love to buy large bags of Brussel sprouts at Costco and roast them. See my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic.
Brussels Sprouts are a veggie that holds up well in the fridge. Brussels Sprouts Salad is great because you can prepare the sprouts ahead of time. Then just store them in a ziplock bag in the fridge without worrying about them wilting or browning. I like to the prepare the dressing ahead of time too and just combine it all the day of.
Make-Ahead Holiday Salad
I like to include Brussels Sprouts Salad on my holiday menus for Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas because you can make it in advance and it offers lighter option to traditionally heavier fare. Plus the leftovers actually hold up in the fridge!
This salad is versatile because it can work for a healthy side or, add some rotisserie chicken strips on top, and you have a quick and protein-filled lunch that holds up well and doesn’t wilt like other salads. I always just add something sweet like dried cherries, golden raisins, cranberries, strawberries, or pomegranate arils, something crunchy like nuts or wonton strips, a little bit of dressing, and you’re done!
Brussel Sprouts Salad Recipe
For easy make-ahead prep on the Brussels sprouts salad, just trim off the bottoms. Then push them through the food processor using the slicing blade (the disk without any shredding holes).
You can keep them in the refrigerator in an airtight container until you are ready to make the salad. I also make the dressing ahead too. I just use a mason jar and add the ingredients to that directly. Then the day of I just shake and pour.
The cost of a large bag of Brussel sprouts will run you about $5, a little bit more than a head of lettuce or romaine. However, the fact that you’ll be able to keep any leftovers and not have to toss a wilted mess, makes it all worth it. It’s all absolutely delicious too! Enjoy.
Love easy salads? Here are some of my other favorites:
- Frito Taco Salad is the BEST way to serve taco salad. Topped with delicious Fritos chips and a tangy French dressing.
- Kale Cranberry Feta Salad is another great make-ahead salad that’s perfect for the holidays.
- Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad has a sweet and tangy poppyseed dressing that you’ll love.
- Italian Tomato Onion Salad is topped with a balsamic dressing and is a perfect starter for any meal.
Brussel Sprouts Salad is definitely something you should try, even if you think you don’t like Brussels sprouts or salad.
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice approximately one lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt add more to taste
- 1 /2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Trim the Brussels sprouts if needed and either slice thinly or put through the shoot of a food processor using the slicing blade. Put the shredded sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Add the raisins, almonds, feta, and sunflower seeds.
- Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients and mix well until completely combined.
- Add about half the dressing to the salad and toss. Taste to see if more dressing is needed.