Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic is an easy and delicious side dish to serve with any meal. Roasting brings out all of the tasty flavors with a crunchy outside and tender inside.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic is hands down my favorite way to serve this surprisingly delicious vegetable. If you think you don’t like Brussels sprouts, give this recipe a try and it will change your mind!
Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
It’s actually quite easy to prepare Brussels sprouts. It’s as simple as cutting off the end, then cutting the sprout in half. Keep all of the leaves that fall of the sprout and roast those as well for a delicious crispy treat. Additionally, bake the Roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic on a foil lined baking sheet for extra easy cleanup.
Firstly, make the dressing. The dressing is super simple – just whisk together extra virgin olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. However, if you are looking to make ahead, just prep the dressing in a mason jar and store until ready to toss with the sprouts.
Toss with Brussels sprouts on foiled-lined baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
Lastly, sprinkle with sea salt (optional). Delicious warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Also, don’t miss those delicious little charred Brussels spouts leaves that are left on your baking sheet. Those little leaves are flavor packed and probably the best part of the dish.
Moreover, this recipe is a great to have on hand for really any vegetable you want to roast. Just follow the instructions for asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, or carrots. It would work great with any of these, you just may need to adjust the cooking time.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, kosher salt, garlic, pepper, and chili pepper flakes. Whisk to combine and pour over Brussels sprouts. Using clean hands to toss and make sure that dressing is even distributed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with sea salt (optional).
Need a delicious and healthy main course for your sprouts. Don’t miss my Salmon in Foil with Caramelized Onions, Lemon and Dill!