Easy and delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with rolled oats and brown sugar crumble is perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Simple and tasty recipe with crumble topping.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie was one of my favorite go-to recipes when it was rhubarb season. That was until I tried this! So much easier and lighter than dealing with pie dough, strawberry rhubarb crisp has great flavors with a crumble topping.
Skip the pie crust and make this crisp! You just don’t need the extra dough to really achieve those delicious and fresh flavors. Love crust? I get it! This filling would be great used in Strawberry Rhubarb pie as well. Just roll out the crust and bake as usual.
How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Making it is so easy too. Just dice the rhubarb and quarter the strawberries. Add to a large bowl with sugar and cornstarch. Toss and then let it sit for five minutes.
Pour the filling into a baking dish and add the butter, oats, and brown sugar crumble topping.
That’s it! Bake for 45 minutes until the strawberry rhubarb crisp is bubbly and the topping is slightly brown. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving. Great with vanilla ice-cream!
So bubbly and delicious! And the smell is incredible!
Tried this recipe? Please be sure to comment below and let me know what you think.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb, cut into 1 Inch pieces
- 1 pound strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease casserole dish or 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Toss to combine and set aside for five minutes. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Mix until resembles crumble. Put on top of rhubarb mixture and bake for 40-45 minutes until crisp is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, optional.
Here at This Delicious House, I strive to provide readers with simple and delicious recipes. If there’s a way to make-it-ahead, I’m on that too! I believe in little stress when it comes to cooking. The more you can get done ahead of time, the better.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!