Mango Black Bean Salad is a delicious flavor combination that includes diced mangos, black beans, corn, avocado, and lime juice. This salad comes together quick and is great as a condiment or on its own!
If you love a good sweet and salty combination, you are going to love this Mango Black Bean Salad! Made with sweet ripe mango and a bit of spice, this is the perfect way to top tacos, burgers, or just eat it on its own.
Why this Recipe is the Best!
This Mango Black Bean Salad is the best because of the unique flavor combination. Using sweet mango with black beans and onion, topped with lime juice and taco seasoning, makes the perfect salad or salsa.
I like to put this salad (or salsa) on everything! You can eat it by itself, or use it as a condiment to top tacos, burgers, or use it in burrito bowls.
The combination of ingredients here can’t be beat. The creamy avocado mixed with sweet mango and black beans is really special. And the flavors seem to get better the longer they sit.
This is a great make ahead salad too. You can dice up all the fruit and veggies and let them marinate in the fridge until ready to serve. I like to serve mine with a sprinkle of cotija or feta cheese, depending on what I have on hand.
So, if you have some extra mangos and are craving something a bit different, give this salad a try. It’s sure to become a new favorite.
To make mango black bean salad you need: diced mangos, black beans, avocado, red onion, corn, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, and taco seasoning.
- Mango: use two fresh ripe mangoes for this recipe. Remove the mango skin and then dice into small chunks.
- Black beans: canned black beans work great here. Just drain and rinse the beans before adding them to the salad.
- Corn: corn adds a sweet crunch to this salad. I just use frozen corn that’s been defrosted. Fresh corn works great here too!
- Cilantro: you either love or hate this herb. If you are on the hate side, you can either leave it out altogether or swap in chopped parsley.
- Cotija cheese: I like to sprinkle this cheese on my salad before serving. This is optional, and crumbled feta works great here too.
- Taco seasoning: taco seasoning is a simple and delicious way to add flavor to this salad. If you don’t have it, you can use a combo of your favorite spices like paprika, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne.
How to Make Mango Black Bean Salad
This recipe for mango black bean salad is super easy to put together. Once your produce is prepped, it’s just a matter of tossing it all together in a large bowl.
What I love about this salad is that all of the ingredients just get thrown together in a large bowl. No need to do any extra work or prepare a separate dressing.
To prep the mango, I like to cut off a small part of the top and bottom of the mango. Then, I stand it up and use a sharp knife to remove the skin. From there, cut off the meat of the mango around the pit and dice into small chunks.
Be sure to drain and rinse the black beans before adding them into the salad. Simply pour the canned beans into a mesh sieve and rinse under running water until the water runs clear.
If you are preparing this salad ahead of time, don’t add the avocado until ready to serve. While the lime juice will help keep it from browning, you risk it getting mushy if you add it too soon.
Garnish the salad with slices of lime, a sprig of cilantro, and a sprinkle of cotija cheese. Serve by itself or with tortilla chips. Can also be used as a condiment for tacos, burritos bowls, and burgers.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Always use lime juice (or lemon) when making a salad with avocado and other fruits to help keep the fruit from browning.
- When making Mango Black Bean Salad ahead of time, add the avocado before serving.
- If you aren’t a fan of cilantro, you can omit it entirely or use chopped parsley instead.
- Add other fresh produce to this salad like bell peppers, tomatoes, or even diced pineapple.
- This salad is a great served on its own, but it also delicious as a salsa or a condiment for tacos and burgers.
To cut a mango, start by slicing off a small part of the top and bottom of the mango. Then, stand the mango up and use a sharp knife to peel off the skin. Cut the mango around the pit and dice into desired size.
There is no need to refrigerate mango. However, once the mango is ripe, refrigeration will help to slow down the ripening process and extend the life of your mango. Sliced mango should be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
Mango black beans salad is delicious eaten on its own with a sprinkle of cotija cheese on top. You can also serve it as a salsa with tortilla chips or use it as a topping for your tacos or burgers. Add it to a burrito bowl along with chicken and rice for a delicious and slightly sweet bite.
If you love the ease and taste of using canned black beans, be sure to check out these other favorite recipes:
Mango Black Bean Salad
- 2 mangos, peeled and chopped
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or from frozen)
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- kosher salt to taste
- Cotija cheese for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, black beans, corn, avocado, onion, and cilantro. Pour the olive oil, lime juice over top and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Toss the ingredients together until well combined. Taste for salt and add as needed. Sprinkle with cotija cheese before serving.
- If you are making this salad ahead of time, leave out the avocado and add in before serving.
- Feel free to add other veggies to this dish such as bell peppers, tomatoes, or green onions.
- This salad can be used as a salsa for chips or a delicious topping for tacos.
- Cotija cheese is mild crumbly cheese. A mild feta cheese would be a good substitute here.