Hands down the best recipe out there for Reese’s Brownies. You are going to love the perfect peanut butter balance of these amazing Best Reese’s Brownies Bars made with both Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
How to make the BEST Reese’s Brownies
Once you try these brownies you’ll never open a box mix again! So easy to make and done in one bowl. Less clean up is always a good thing. Also, if you want your brownies to come out easily, I highly recommend spraying and lining your 9 x 9 inch pan before pouring the batter in. You’ll thank me later for this tip!
To start, you will need to melt one stick of butter. Yet, another reason I love this recipe is that you don’t need room temperature butter… something I never have! Cream the melted butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about two minutes with an electric mixer.
Next, beat in the eggs and vanilla until just combined. (BTW, I love using my KitchenAid 5-speed handheld mixer for this recipe, plus the gorgeous color just makes baking so much more joyful!) Then, just add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and blend to combine. As a warning, start slow with your mixer so you don’t covered in cocoa powder and flour!
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread out. Next comes the peanut butter layer. If you are using cold peanut butter I recommend microwaving it for 30 seconds so it spreads evenly. Dollop the peanut butter over the top of the brownie batter and use a toothpick or knife to swirl into the brownie batter.
Lastly, sprinkle the chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces over top of the brownies. Press in slightly to adhere.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the brownie starts to pull away from the edges of the pan. Let cool for on a wire rack before cutting.
Easy Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
I hope you love these delicious brownies as much as I do! Feel free to make ahead and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week – although they may not last that long!
Be sure to check out my other delicious and easy desserts!
- Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Cookies – super delicious combination of ingredients in this tasty cookie.
- Rocky Road Ice Cream Pie – great ice cream pie that’s super easy to put together in a pre-made graham cracker crust.
- Peanut Butter Coconut Truffles – tasty, no bake treat that’s fun to make and eat.
- S’mores Cookie Bar – make these in a sheet pan and feed a crowd!
If you try this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think.
BEST Reese’s Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (one stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (like Hershey’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped (3 ounces total)
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until pale in color. Beat in the eggs and vanilla to combine. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine. Pour into lined baking sheet and smooth out.
- Dollop the peanut butter over the top of the brownie mixture. Using a toothpick or a knife, swirl the peanut butter to combine slightly with the brownie mixture. Sprinkle the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces over top of the brownie and press down slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sides start to pull in from edges of pan. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
Sign up for the newsletter and never miss a delicious and simple recipe!