Marshmallows, almonds, and chocolate ice cream are blended together to make up this deliciously simply Rocky Road Ice Cream Pie. Set in a graham cracker crust and topped with marshmallow creme, it doesn’t get any tastier or easier than this!
When it comes to desserts, I always think the simpler the better. Classic flavors like Rocky Road are a sure fan favorite, so why change things up too much. In this recipe for Rocky Road Ice Cream Pie, the classic marshmallow, almond, and chocolate flavors get plenty of attention nestled in a pre-made graham cracker crust.
I love to make ice cream cakes and pies for dessert. Why? Because my guests love to eat them and they are SO simple to put together! Some of my most popular recipes include my 5-ingredient EASY Ice Cream Cake and my tasty Banoffee Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake.
Rocky Road Ice Cream Pie
This tasty Rocky Road Ice Cream Cake is perfect served as a birthday cake, brunch dessert, or just a quick treat to have on hand for guests. And, best of all, making the cake couldn’t be easier. And you can make ahead, up to a week in advance! Just store in an airtight container in the freezer.
First, you want to make sure you start with softened chocolate ice cream. I usually like to keep mine at room temperature with the lid off for about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, fold together the mini marshmallows and sliced almonds, then pour the mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust and freeze. If you prefer to make your graham cracker crust, check out Graham Cracker Crust link here for an easy recipe.
I realize you could just buy Rocky Road ice cream for this pie, however I find that the store bought is just plain lacking with toppings. Since it’s so easy to doctor up my own, I prefer to do it that way instead.
The topping is super simple as well. First, soften the whipped topping by storing it in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Then use a hand mixer to combine the entire tub of marshmallow creme with the whipped topping. Spread it onto the pie and sprinkle on chopped almonds. Lastly, drizzle with melted chocolate.
And, that’s it! Super simple and super delicious. Just how dessert should be.
Rocky Road Ice Cream Pie
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust (pre-made, store-bought shell)
- 1 1.5 quart container chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping, softened such as Cool Whip
- 1 7 ounce container marshmallow fluff such as Kraft Jet-Puffed
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl combine the softened chocolate ice cream, mini marshmallows, and chopped almonds. Once combined, pour into prepared pie shell and smooth with a spatula. Freeze for two hours to harden completely.
- To make the topping, use a handheld mixer to cream together the whipped topping with marshmallow fluff. Spread over the chilled pie and sprinkle on the chopped almonds then drizzle on the melted chocolate. Freeze for another hour before serving.
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and never miss a simple and delicious recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!