Delicious comfort food, this Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is easy to make and lightened up so that you can feel great about eating it anytime. Don’t miss this easy recipe!
This recipe is perfect if you’re craving creamy, comforting pasta! Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is easy to put together. Make in advance and bake prior to serving.
There is something about chicken and broccoli that goes together so well. Add in a creamy Alfredo sauce and dinner is done! A great weeknight dinner recipe to have on hand. Plus, cooking the chicken and making the Alfredo sauce takes about the same amount of time as it does to boil the pasta. Delicious and fast!
If you love creamy chicken and broccoli combinations, don’t miss my other two favorites: Baked Ravioli with Chicken and Broccoli and One-Pot Chicken and Broccoli Tortellini. And for an easy 5-ingredient dinner, try this Chicken Parmesan Casserole!
Need a simple dish to serve on the side? Be sure to check out this delicious Italian Tomato Onion Salad with a tasty balsamic dressing.
Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
This simple recipe comes together fast and can be made in one pot. Also, you can make ahead and bake when ready to serve.
To start, preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray. My favorite baking pan is this Emile Henry Large Rectangular Baker – available on Amazon for a great price!
Step 1: Boil Pasta and Broccoli
Firstly, boil the pasta according to package directions. Add the broccoli during the last 30 seconds of cooking. While the pasta boils move on to the next step. Drain and set aside.
You can use precut broccoli for this or a crown. I find that a crown of broccoli will yield about the 2 cups of florets needed for this recipe.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Secondly, heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven. Add in the cubed chicken and sprinkle on kosher salt.
During the last minute of cooking, add in the minced garlic. Cook for another minute. Spoon the chicken on to a plate and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Alfredo sauce
Then, in the same pot over medium heat, add in the butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour to make a rue. It will take about two minutes to reach golden brown in color.
Whisk in the milk and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a simmer and stir until thickened.
Turn off heat and add in ¾ cup each of parmesan and mozzarella. Stir until melted.
Step 4: Stir together and bake
Fold in the cooked chicken and pasta broccoli mixture into the Alfredo sauce.
Stir together until the coated in the Alfredo sauce.
Lastly, pour mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle on remaining cheeses.
Bake, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Broil for a minute if you want a golden crust on top.
Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Side Dishes
While this can easily be a meal by itself, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is great served with a simple salad or side. Be sure to check out these simple sides:
Peas and Pancetta is a delicious and easy Italian side dish that comes together fast! Made with frozen peas, diced pancetta, and sliced shallots.
Kale Cranberry Feta Salad has all of the right flavors and textures to make this the perfect kale salad recipe.
Pinwheel Bread Rolls are made from scratch and filled with delicious bacon and parmesan cheese.
Roasted Brussels sprouts Salad is a simple side that’s perfect with any meal.
I hope you love this recipe for Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo. Be sure to comment below if you try it. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ¼ pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2 breasts)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup butter (half a stick)
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk (1% or 2% work)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup shredded parmesan, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne until al dente, adding the broccoli to the water during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil over medium high heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Add in the diced chicken and sprinkle with salt. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through. Add in the minced garlic during the last two minutes of cooking. Remove chicken and garlic from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce heat to medium and add in the butter. When melted, whisk in the flour until stir until flour is cooked through and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and increase heat to medium high, whisking until milk starts to simmer. Shut off heat and stir in ¾ cup of both the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the chicken and pasta and broccoli with the Alfredo sauce. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until bubbly. (Broil for a minute if you want a golden crust on top.) Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Oh wow! This is going to be gone so quick! My family is definitely going to love this! Excited to make this soon!
My family devoured this, definitely adding it into the dinner rotation!
I love a pasta bake and this chicken and broccoli one looks delicious.
Chicken Alfredo is delicious, and I like that you are adding broccoli to it to make it healthier. What a great dinner!