Delicious comfort food, this Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is easy to make and lightened up so that you can feel great about eating it anytime. Don’t miss this easy recipe!
This recipe is perfect if you’re craving creamy, comforting pasta! Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is easy to put together. Make in advance and bake prior to serving.
There is something about chicken and broccoli that goes together so well. Add in a creamy Alfredo sauce and dinner is done! A great weeknight dinner recipe to have on hand. Plus, cooking the chicken and making the Alfredo sauce takes about the same amount of time as it does to boil the pasta. Delicious and fast!
How to Make Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray. My favorite baking pan is this Emile Henry Large Rectangular Baker – available on Amazon for a great price!
Next, boil the pasta and add the broccoli during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta boils, heat the oil and cook the chicken in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add in the garlic during the last two minutes of cooking.
Set aside the chicken. Next, in the same pot over medium heat, add in the butter and flour and whisk to make a rue, about two minutes or until golden brown in color.
Whisk in the milk and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a simmer and stir until thickened.
Turn off heat and add in 3/4 cup each of parmesan and mozzarella. Stir until melted. Fold in the cooked chicken and pasta broccoli mixture.
Next, pour mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle on remaining cheeses.
Bake, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Broil for a minute if you want a golden crust on top. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2 breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter (half a stick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk (1% or 2% work)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup shredded parmesan, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne until al dente, adding the broccoli to the water during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil over medium high heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Add in the diced chicken and sprinkle with salt. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through. Add in the minced garlic during the last two minutes of cooking. Remove chicken and garlic from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce heat to medium and add in the butter. When melted, whisk in the flour until stir until flour is cooked through and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and increase heat to medium high, whisking until milk starts to simmer. Shut off heat and stir in 3/4 cup of both the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the chicken and pasta and broccoli with the Alfredo sauce. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until bubbly. (Broil for a minute if you want a golden crust on top.) Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
At This Delicious House, I strive to provide readers with easy, simple, and always delicious recipes. Sign up for the weekly newsletter and get amazing recipes, party tips, and shopping guides to your inbox!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!