Soft and chewy Pumpkin Spice Cookies are the perfect treat recipe to have on hand for the fall. Made with pumpkin puree, oatmeal, and pumpkin pie spice, these cookies are great with tea, coffee, or on their own.
Nothing says fall like pumpkin spice. It’s everywhere, and for good reason… it’s delicious! And these cookies are no exception. They are soft and chewy and oh so yummy!
Moreover, these cookies are a great treat to have on hand and perfect for Thanksgiving Dinner or Christmastime. Additionally, they are an excellent cookie recipe for a cookie exchange or make extra and hand them out as gifts.
If you are looking for some more fall baking inspiration or just need to update your kitchen to keep up with the fall, be sure to check out my post on The Top 10 Must-Have Fall Baking Tools! Of course this includes must have baking items like the silicon baking mat pictured below.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe
I love to make a big batch and freeze them for when company comes over or just to have a treat on hand. These are great dunked in hot coffee or tea. Awesome for the fall time or really anytime of the year.
Also, there is no need to get out the handheld mixer or stand up mixer either. You can make this cookie using just a spoon being sure to incorporate the ingredients well.
These are an excellent cookie for gifting as well. So be sure to mix up a double batch and hand them out for thank you gifts for teachers, neighbors, or friends.
These cookies are soft, so be sure to cool these on a wire rack after baking. Great served warm or cold. Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
Also, be sure to check out my incredible make-ahead Banoffee Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (alternatively could use cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking liner.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well and add in sugar and brown sugar to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, puree, egg, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop about 1 heaping tablespoon on cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. (Should be able to fit 12 cookies on standard cookie sheet). Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Here are some other pumpkin recipes that you’ll love:
- Pumpkin Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping are so soft and delicious, it’s the perfect fall treat!
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls gives you that pumpkin spice you crave, in a portable snack.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Truffles is a great treat to bring to your next party. Think pumpkin pie in white chocolate truffle form!