Pumpkin Spice cookies with Oatmeal are the best soft pumpkin cookies made with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and rolled oats! You’re going to love these soft pumpkin cookies that are simple to make.
Nothing says fall like pumpkin spice. It’s everywhere, and for good reason… it’s delicious! And these cookies are no exception. They are soft and chewy and oh so yummy!
Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies are a great treat to have on hand and perfect for Thanksgiving Dinner or Christmastime. Additionally, they are an excellent cookie recipe for a cookie exchange or make extra and hand them out as gifts.
These cookies are filled with delicious fall pumpkin spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. You can buy pre-made pumpkin spice at most groceries stores or online.
Read on to see how easy it is to make Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies!
Pumpkin Spice Substitute
These cookies calls for pumpkin spice. You can find pumpkin spice at most grocery stores, especially around the fall. However, it can be expensive and possibly hard to find depending on the time of year.
In the recipe card, I state that you can substitute cinnamon for pumpkin spice if you don’t have it. But, if you do happen to have nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon on hand, you can make your own pumpkin spice mix at home.
True pumpkin spice mix, like this one from the Pioneer Woman, has a significant amount more cinnamon than other spices. So, if you only have cinnamon, that would be a fine substitute in these cookies.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe
I love to make a big batch and freeze them for when company comes over or just to have a treat on hand. These are great dunked in hot coffee or tea. Awesome for the fall time or really anytime of the year.
Also, there is no need to get out the handheld mixer or stand up mixer either. You can make this cookie using just a spoon being sure to incorporate the ingredients well.
These are an excellent cookie for gifting as well. So be sure to mix up a double batch and hand them out for thank you gifts for teachers, neighbors, or friends.
These cookies are soft, so be sure to cool these on a wire rack after baking. Great served warm or cold. Give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
What kind of oats to use?
For this recipe, you can use either regular rolled oat or quick cooking oats. If you prefer a smaller oat texture in the cookie, quick cooking oats are your best bet. However, you could always pulse the regular rolled oats in a food processor or blender to get a smaller oat size.
How to Make Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies
To start, you will need to preheat your oven and line a baking sheet with parchment or a non stick baking mat.
Firstly, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, egg, butter, and vanilla.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to drop tablespoons full of batter on to a cookie sheet. Space the cookies about two inches apart from each other.
Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a light golden brown in color. Let cool on pan before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
More Pumpkin Recipes!
Here are some other pumpkin recipes that you’ll love:
- Pumpkin Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping are so soft and delicious, it’s the perfect fall treat!
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls gives you that pumpkin spice you crave, in a portable snack.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Truffles is a great treat to bring to your next party. Think pumpkin pie in white chocolate truffle form!
Also, be sure to check out my incredible make-ahead Banoffee Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake!
I hope you love this recipe for pumpkin spice cookies with oatmeal. Be sure to comment below if you try them. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (alternatively could use cinnamon)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking liner.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well and add in sugar and brown sugar to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, puree, egg, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop about 1 heaping tablespoon on cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. (Should be able to fit 12 cookies on standard cookie sheet). Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.