Super moist and flavorful Pineapple Bars are made with a shortbread base, pineapple pecan middle, and delicious pineapple icing. Don’t miss this Pineapple Squares recipe that is full of tropical flavor and is so easy to make.
One bite and you’ll agree that this is the perfect non-chocolate square. With a crunchy shortbread base and a creamy pineapple flavored center, everyone is going to love Pineapple Bars.
If you are looking for the perfect treat to serve for brunch, Hawaiian party, or a baby or bridal shower, this is it! These bite-sized bars are super delicious with a tropical flavor that’s perfect for a dessert tray or on it’s own.
How to Make Pineapple Bars
Firstly, you need to grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper. This step will allow you to remove the cooled bars from the pan and cut on a cutting board, ensuring clean cuts and no damage to your baking pan.
To make the bottom shortbread layer, simply melt butter in a large bowl and add in the flour and sugar. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until a light golden brown.
While the bottom layer is baking, start on the tropical top layer. Simple enough, just combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. For the pineapple, I used Crushed Dole Pineapple that I strain through a fine mesh sieve. Be sure to keep the juice for the icing. Any leftover juice is great on its own or in a smoothie.
Pour the top layer on the baked shortbread and return to oven until set, about 20-25 minutes.
Let the bars cool completely before spreading on the icing.
The icing for these bars is super simple as well. Firstly, sift the powdered sugar into a large bowl. This will ensure that there are no chunks of powdered sugar in the icing. I usually do this using a fine mesh sieve.
Next, add in the softened butter and two tablespoons of pineapple juice. Use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients together. You want the icing pourable but thick. Add more or less powdered sugar and pineapple juice until you achieve the desired consistency. Spread over cooled bars.
Refrigerate the bars until firm. Gently lift out of pan using the parchment paper lining and place on a a cutting board. Cut into 24 bars.
Party Perfect Bars and Squares
Check out these other delicious and easy bars and squares recipes that are perfect for your next party:
Pumpkin Pie Bars with a delicious pecan crumble topping is so tasty and easy to make, you may never bake a pumpkin pie again!
Brownie Blondie Bars are made with a brownie bottom, blondie middle, and delicious butterscotch-flavored icing.
Caramel Chip Bars with pecans is another crowd favorite. Easy to make with delicious Ghirardelli caramel chips.
Pecan Pie Date Bars are a lightened up bar version of pecan pie that’s simple to make and so tasty.
S’mores Cookie Bars are another crowd pleasing treat that’s perfect for a get together. Made on a large sheet pan, there’s plenty to go around with this tasty and easy to make bar.
Hope you enjoy these tropical flavored Hawaiian Pineapple Bars. Please comment below if you tried them and let me know what you think.
- 9 x 9 baking pan
- ½ cup butter, melted (one stick)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple (save the juice)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and flour. Crumble together and press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes until light golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the top layer, combine the beaten eggs with the remaining top layer ingredients and stir well to combine. Pour over the slighly cooled bottom layer and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bars are set and a rich brown color. Set aside to cool.
- For the icing, beat together the powdered sugar, butter, and pineapple juice until desired consistency is reached, adding more powedered sugar and pineapple juice as necessary. Spread over cooled bars.
- Refigerate until set. Remove from pan to a cutting board and cut into 24 pieces.