Tropical Muffins are anything but boring! Upgrade your muffin recipe with this super tasty and moist muffin with banana, coconut, pineapple and pecans in it.
If you’re looking to upgrade your boring muffin recipe, then this is it! Tropical muffins are so moist and flavorful, they are guaranteed to become your new favorite.
I came up with this recipe when I wanted to use up ripe bananas, but didn’t want just another banana muffin. Adding incredible flavors like sweetened coconut flakes, chopped pineapple, and pecans, really packs a taste punch in these muffins.
These would be perfect to make ahead and have on hand for guests, or serve at a bridal shower brunch or baby shower brunch. Would also be amazing to have on the holidays or Christmas morning.
How to Make Tropical Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray or cupcake liners. Also, do yourself a favor and get a great muffin tin! I am currently obsessed with this USA Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating from Amazon. If you love to bake, you deserve to get perfect cupcakes and muffins every time!
The Tropical Muffin recipe couldn’t be easier. Mash the banana in a large bowl then mix in the wet ingredients with a hand mixer. Add in the dry (I don’t even use a separate bowl!) and fold to combine.
Add in the coconut, chopped pecans, and pineapple. For the pineapple, chop it up and then press through a mesh sieve to remove any moisture. Alternately you could squeeze out the moisture in a paper towel. Scoop into prepared muffin tins. I like to use a special scoop like Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop for measuring out the muffins – less mess and even-sized muffins!
Add on the chopped pecans and coconut on top of the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
Tropical Banana Coconut Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced drain through mesh sieve or on a towel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-well muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, sugars, egg, and oil. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Fold in the coconut, pineapple, and pecans.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin. In a small bowl combine the chopped pecans and coconut. Sprinkle on top of the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Here are some other recipes I think you’d love:
Pick your pin and save it to your Pinterest board!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!