The BEST blueberry muffins around, you’re going to love these moist and delicious Blueberry Streusel Muffins with a crunchy brown sugar oatmeal topping.
If you’re like me, you’ve made a bunch of different blueberry muffin recipes in your lifetime. But, have you made the best? I dare you to try these muffins and think they are not the perfect blueberry muffin. Because to make the perfect blueberry muffin you need lots of blueberries, a delicious batter, and of course an incredibly tasty streusel topping.
Moreover, these blueberry streusel muffins are great make-ahead treats to have on hand. They freeze beautifully and can be refrigerated for up to a week. It’s the perfect treat to have on hand for guests, a quick breakfast, or just a tasty midday snack.
This blueberry streusel muffin recipe is perfect for picky eaters too! I have yet to meet a kid who says “no” to this muffin. How could you with this sweet and crunchy streusel topping.
And if you love blueberry treats, be sure to check out my Blueberry Ricotta Coffee Cake or my Blueberry Peach Muffins! And, if you love cherries, be sure to try my Cherry Scone recipe with dried cherries and almond.
How to Make Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Blueberry Streusel Muffins are super easy to make. Firstly, make the batter as you would a regular muffin recipe. Leave out about ½ a cup of blueberries so you can place them on top of the muffins in the muffin tin.
Then, prepare the streusel mixture and press it into the muffins.
Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Tips to Make Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Be sure to use a good quality nonstick muffin tin; this USA Pan from Amazon is a great muffin tin you’ll use again and again.
Always spray the tops of the muffin tins, even if you are using muffin liners. That way if the muffin spills over, it won’t get stuck on your pan.
Also, use a muffin scoop to measure out the muffins. This OXO Medium Scoop is a good option at a great price.
Press down the top of the muffin before baking so that the streusel stays on better.
Let these muffins cool in the tins before removing them to the cooling rack.
Also, you can make ahead blueberry muffins! Just be sure to allow them to cool completely. Then, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
Tropical Muffins with Coconut, Bananas & Pineapple
Pumpkin Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping
Zucchini Carrot Raisin Muffins
Healthy Carrot Muffins with Dates and Raisins
Cranberry Orange Muffins with Fresh Cranberries
Be sure to comment below if you try the Blueberry Streusel Muffins – you won’t be disappointed!
Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I use nonfat greek yogurt)
- ½ cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour (for coating the blueberries)
- ¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (½ a stick)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a muffin pan with liners or nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, use a handheld mixer to mix together the eggs, sugar, yogurt, butter, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. In a separate small bowl, toss 1 ½ cups of blueberries with the 1 tablespoon of flour then fold into the muffin mixture.
- Use a muffin scoop to divide the batter evenly into the 18 muffin liners. Divide the remaining blueberries onto the tops of the muffins, pressing gently to adhere.
- Mix together the Streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the muffins pressing down gently if needed.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Let muffins sit for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
These look amazing and so yummy! My teens are going to love this recipe! So excited!
Perfect! I have everything I need to make these muffins. thank you for sharing.
These are my absolute favorite kind of muffins and I cannot wait to try them. The brown sugar topping sounds terrific!
What a delicious start to the day! That crunchy brown sugar oatmeal topping sounds absolutely amazing. Love the contrast in texture and flavor.
I love streusel muffins and these look so good! Can’t wait to try your recipe. Yum