These delicious Caramel Chip Pecan Bars are so easy to make and use Ghirardelli Caramel Chips. Great for a crowd, you’ll love the flavors of these simple tasty bars.
This tasty and crowd pleasing recipe for Caramel Chip Pecan Bars couldn’t be easier or faster to make. With simple ingredients, these bars are perfect for potlucks, brunches, or served warm for a delicious weeknight treat.
What is it about caramel and pecans that is just the perfect dessert combination? I love these flavors so much and usually delegate them for topping a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
However, when I came across these Ghirardelli Caramel Chips at the grocery store, I new exactly what I needed to make with them.
These chips are amazing because you get all of the sweet delicious flavor of caramel sauce, but in less mess chip form! However, if you can’t find these chips, you could always substitute butterscotch or your other favorite chip flavor.
How to Make Caramel Chip Pecan Bars
This recipe is so easy to make, which I am all about! Simple and delicious, it’s the perfect combination. Plus they are great to make ahead. Just cool before cutting and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To start, simple grease and line a baking dish. Melt the butter in your mixing bowl (another great thing since I never have room temperature butter!) Mix in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients, then fold in all of those delicious caramel chips and pecans. Spread into your prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. That’s it!
Be sure to let the bars cool before removing them from the pan. The parchment is key here because you can just lift the entire bar out and place on your cutting board.
What you are left with is a perfectly sweetened and delicious little bar. I served these at a teacher appreciation lunch and they were a huge hit. Whip up a batch today and you’ll agree that these are tastiest bars ever!
Serve on a black slate platter for gorgeous presentation.
Be sure to check out my other delicious and easy cookies bars!
- S’Mores Cookie Bars are so gooey and tasty, this sheet pan recipe is great for feeding a crowd.
- Peanut Butter Shortbread Bars are a delicious treat with a thick crumbly shortbread bottom.
- Pecan Pie Date Bars are a lightened up version of traditionally heavy pecan pie bars but with all of those delicious flavors.
- Black and White Chip Large Batch Cookies Bars are another perfect recipe for feeding a large group.
Caramel Chip Pecan Bars
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups caramel chips (like Ghirardelli’s)
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl microwave safe bowl, melt butter on high for about a minute. Mix in the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Fold in the chips and pecans. Pour the mixture into the pan using a rubber spatula to spread.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. (If the edges start to brown, cover the top of the pan with a loose piece of foil.) Cool in pan on a wire rack then transfer to refrigerator to cool completely before removing from pan.
Sign up and never miss a recipe!
Amazing! Crowd pleaser for sure!
Yes they are! 🙂