Oreo Cookie Spiders are an easy and fun treat recipe to make for your Halloween party. Tasty and simple, you’re going to love these cute Halloween cookie treats!
These tasty and fun cookies are almost too cute to eat… almost! Because they are so fun and festive, they are the perfect Halloween Party food. Check out the complete tutorial and step-by-step guide on how to make Oreo Cookie Spiders below!
- Click here to see my picks for BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FOR KIDS!
- Click here to see my picks for BEST OUTDOOR HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS!
How to Make Oreo Cookie Spiders
This recipe is definitely one for the kids! Made with Double Stuf Oreos, Wiltons Candy Melts, candy eyes, sprinkles, and Twizzlers Pull n Peel candy. Moreover, little ones will love pulling apart the Twizzlers and helping to make this Halloween treat.
Making these Oreo Cookie Spiders couldn’t be easier. Firstly, pull apart the Twizzlers Pull n Peel and set aside twenty-four of the purple licorice strands.
Secondly, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, cut two of the licorice strands in half and place the four pieces with centers touching on the cookie sheet to make the spider legs. Repeat with remaining licorice. Get the rest of the ingredients together for easy assembly.
Melt the Wiltons Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl according to package instructions. Add a bit of the candy melts to the center of the legs to help them stay together.
Dip the Oreo in the candy melts and, using a fork to hold the bottom, let the excess coating drizzle off.
Carefully place the Oreo on the center of the spider licorice legs. Lastly, add the eyes and sprinkles. However, be sure to let the cookie spiders dry completely before moving.
So, don’t miss this easy recipe for Oreo Cookie Spiders, a super fun Halloween treat that’s great for kids! Moreover, you can make ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Enjoy!
Also, be sure to check out my other fun recipe for Candy Corn Blondies, a great way to serve up your candy corn this year!
Oreo Cookie Spiders
- 1 package Twizzlers Pull n Peel in Fruit Punch
- 1 12 ounce package Wiltons Candy Melts in purple
- 12 Double Stuffed Oreo cookies
- 24 candy eyes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pull apart the Twizzlers and set aside 24 strands of the purple licorice. Cut the licorice in half and use 4 strands to make the legs for the bottom of the spiders.
- Melt the Wiltons Candy Melts according to package instructions. Add a small dollop of candy melts on the middle of the legs. Dip the Oreo in the melted candy melts and let excess drizzle off. Carefully place Oreo in the center of the spider legs. Add on the spiders eyes and sprinkles. Let dry completely before moving.