Oreo Cookie Spiders are an easy and fun treat recipe that’s perfect for Halloween. Tasty and simple, you’re going to love these cute Halloween cookie treats!
These tasty and fun cookies are almost too cute to eat… almost! Because they are so fun and festive, they are the perfect Halloween Party food. Check out the complete tutorial and step-by-step guide on how to make Oreo Cookie Spiders below!
A Fun Halloween Treat!
This simple recipe for Oreo Cookie Spiders is perfect for Halloween. These cute little spiders are both fun to eat and make.
This no-bake treat requires just a few ingredients and is a fun project to make with the kids. They will have a blast decorating the Oreos and pulling apart the Twizzlers.
If you’ve never had an Oreo dipped in melting chocolate, you are missing out. It really is a deliciously simple treat.
These are great to make for a Halloween party or before trick or treating. Kids and adults will love these cute Oreo spider cookies!
To make Oreo Cookie Spiders you will need: Oreos, Twizzlers, Candy Melts, candied eyeballs, and sprinkles.
- Oreos: I like to use the Double Stuf Oreos so I can get a fatter spider.
- Twizzlers Pull’n’Peel Candy: You can usually find these in most grocery stores. If you can’t find it, you can always substitute thin pretzel rods or any long candy.
- Candy Melts: I like to use the colored Wilton Candy Melts for this recipe. You can pick any color you like. If you can’t find Wiltons, regular candy melts work too.
- Candy Eyes: you can find these in the cake supply section of most grocery stores.
- Sprinkles: the sprinkles are optional; feel free to use whatever you hand on hand.
How to Make Oreo Cookie Spiders
This recipe is definitely one for the kids! Little ones will love pulling apart the Twizzlers and helping to make this Halloween treat.
Step 1: Pull apart the Twizzlers Pull n Peel and set aside twenty-four of the purple licorice strands. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, cut two of the licorice strands in half and place the four pieces with centers touching on the cookie sheet to make the spider legs. Repeat with remaining licorice.
Step 2: Melt the Wiltons Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl according to package instructions. Add a bit of the candy melts to the center of the legs to help them stay together.
Step 3: Dip the Oreo in the candy melts and, using a fork to hold the bottom, let the excess coating drizzle off.
Step 4: Carefully place the Oreo on the center of the spider licorice legs. Lastly, add the eyes and sprinkles. Be sure to let the cookie spiders dry completely before moving.
Once the spiders have dried, you can store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just be careful when moving so that none of the legs fall off.
- Wilton’s Candy Melts come in a variety of colors. If you can’t find Wiltons, you can use melting chocolate and food coloring to get the color you want.
- If you can’t find Twizzlers pull and peel, you can substitute thin pretzel rods for the spiders legs.
- Have a variety of sprinkles and candies, and let kids decorate the spiders how they like.
More Oreo Recipes
Oreo Cookie Spiders
- 1 package Twizzlers Pull n Peel in Fruit Punch
- 1 12 ounce package Wiltons Candy Melts in purple
- 12 Double Stuf Oreo cookies
- 24 candy eyes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pull apart the Twizzlers and set aside 24 strands of the purple licorice. Cut the licorice in half and use 4 strands to make the legs for the bottom of the spiders.
- Melt the Wiltons Candy Melts according to package instructions. Add a small dollop of candy melts on the middle of the legs.
- Dip the Oreo in the melted candy melts and let excess drizzle off.
- Carefully place Oreo in the center of the spider legs. Add on the spiders eyes and sprinkles. Let dry completely before moving.