Easy and delicious one-bowl banana bread recipe made with ripe bananas, greek yogurt, chia seeds, and ground flaxseed. You’re going to love this simple and healthy one-bowl banana bread recipe!
If you’re a mom like me, you always have bananas in the house. Which means, they usually go ripe and brown before being eaten. No need to fret, this is the prefect ingredient for one bowl banana bread!
Also, this one-bowl banana bread is tested and perfected! I make this recipe at least twice a month and it’s a great way to use up those ripe bananas.
Kids love the sweetness from the bananas, and you’ll feel good knowing it’s full of healthful ingredients. So give this easy one-bowl banana bread recipe a try and I’m sure it’ll be your new favorite too!
One Bowl Banana Bread Recipe
One Bowl Banana Bread is a go-to staple. Kids love to eat it for breakfast or a snack, and it’s easy to eat on the run. I have tried out tons of banana bread recipes in my time, but I have managed to create my favorite. And the best part, it’s super easy to make and is actually a much healthier version than you’ll find at the coffee shops.
Firstly, you will need a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Use cooking spray to grease the pan to ensure that the bread releases.
Then, in a large bowl combine the ripe bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and sugars. I like to use a combination of white and brown sugar to sweeten this loaf.
Use a handheld mixer to mix the ingredients together. No need to mash the bananas ahead of time. Ripe bananas will mash beautifully using just a handheld mixer.
Then, add in the dry ingredients directly to the batter. This included flour, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Then, use the handheld mixer or a spoon to mix in the dry ingredients. However, if you don’t have ground flax, you could substitute antlers 1/4 cup of flour or whole-wheat flour. As for the chia seeds, you can omit them altogether if desired. However, chia seeds are a protein-packed superfood and you should definitely try them if you haven’t already.
Pour batter into pan and bake
Lastly, pour the batter into your prepared baking pan. Bake for about an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the banana bread comes out clean.
Let the banana bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. You can store the banana bread in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze in an airtight container for up to two months.
So, if you love banana bread, be sure to give this recipe a try! Great for breakfast or a midday snack, one bite and you will not be disappointed.
Ripe Banana Recipes
Banana bread is probably the most common use for ripe bananas. But these recipes just may change your thinking. Be sure to give these ripe banana recipes a try!
I hope you love this delicious recipe for one-bowl banana bread. Be sure to comment below if you try it. Enjoy!
One Bowl Banana Bread
- 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- handheld mixer
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana about 3 bananas
- ⅓ cup plain fat-free yogurt I use Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer to combine ripe bananas, nonfat yogurt, eggs, butter, and sugars. Blend until bananas are mashed and mixture is combined.
- In the same bowl, add in the flour, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until batter is combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake on center rack in oven for about 55 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing bread from pan and letting cool on wire rack completely.