Looking for a delicious treat everyone can enjoy? This eggless banana bread is simply divine and tastes just as good, if not better, than the original recipe. This bread also happens to be vegan, so double score there!
Turns out that mashed banana is a great substitute for eggs in baked recipes. I learned this having a family member with an egg allergy. I decided to modify my own recipe to come up with this eggless banana bread version that was also vegan friendly. The results… totally delicious! No one could tell that both the eggs and the dairy were missing.
The eggless banana bread does have one surprise ingredient, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. This helps it rise, but don’t worry, it doesn’t affect the flavor whatsoever.
Another great benefit of this recipe – besides being vegan and totally delicious – you can make it in one bowl! Yes, it’s another less-mess recipe. Plus, eggless banana bread keeps for a long time in the fridge, so it’s a make-ahead marvel as well.
So let’s get started…
Eggless Banana Bread
Only a few ingredients needed for this bread, and it’s probably already items you have on hand. To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and get out your ingredients.
First, get a large bowl and mash your ripe bananas in it. About 3 large ripe bananas should be sufficient. Next beat in the sugars, oil, vanilla, milk, and apple cider vinegar.
Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt and add directly to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
Coat a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan with cooking spray and add the mixture to the pan.
Bake about 55 – 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 5 to 10 minutes and loosen sides with knife. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack for about an hour before slicing (this bread takes longer to cool, if you cut too soon it could fall apart). Store the cooled bread in the refrigerator.
By the time I cut up my eggless banana bread for my family (usually only 15 minutes after cooling) it’s nearly all gone. It’s so good! And so moist! You definitely don’t miss the eggs and the texture is soft and delicious. I like to serve mine topped with peanut butter, my kids like it with butter. Anyway you eat it, it’s amazing. Whip up a batch today and use up those ripe bananas already!
Eggless Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas (about 1 ½ cup mashed)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup milk of your choice (to make vegan or allergy friendly, use almond or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Beat in the sugars, vanilla, oil, milk, and vinegar until smooth. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake in the center rack of the oven for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes and then place on a cooling rack to cool for about an hour. Slice and serve!
P.S. For more delicious, make-ahead recipes, and other great ideas from This Delicious House, please join the email list and start living your most delicious life today! Sign up below.
Get Your Free Party Planning Checklist!