Healthy and tasty Easy Vegetarian Chili is made with three beans, corn, and hominy. Don’t miss this super easy recipe for delicious homemade Vegetarian Chili.
If you are looking for a satisfying chili that’s simple to make, this Easy Vegetarian Chili is it. Filled with veggies, beans, tomatoes, corn, and hominy, this is a recipe that you can feel good about making.
Easy Vegetarian Chili is a great meal prep food too. Whip up a batch and keep in the fridge for a quick meal throughout the week. And, it’s so delicious, you’ll forget that this is meat free and vegan friendly! Make ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or you can freeze for up to 3 months.
Protein packed and super healthy, Easy Vegetarian Chili is a comforting dish that you’ll love any time of the year. Moreover, vegetarians can top this dish with a variety of dairy options such as sour cream, greek yogurt, or shredded cheese. Vegans can enjoy it with onions, tortilla chips, avocado slices, or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Because this is easy to make and delicious to eat, you’re going to love this healthy and filling recipe for Easy Vegetarian Chili.
Looking for another delicious and satisfying vegetarian main course? Check out my Easy Eggplant Parmesan – simple and so tasty!
How to Make Vegetarian Chili
The process of making Easy Vegetarian Chili couldn’t be easier. Get out your dutch oven, like this awesome Amazon Basics Dutch Oven, or you could use a large pot. Heat the oil and add in the onions, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes and add in the spices and garlic.
Stir in the beans, diced tomatoes, and water. Simmer for 30 minutes.
To create a thicker consistency, blend 1-2 cups of the chili and add it back to the pot. Stir in the corn, hominy (if using), and lime juice. Heat through and serve immediatly or cool and save for later.
Tips for Easy Vegetarian Chili
- You can use whatever veggies you have on hand such as butternut squash, summer squash, celery, or mushrooms.
- Add more or less cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you like your chili. Or omit it altogether.
- Transform this chili into a soup by pureeing half of the chili mixture before adding the corn.
- Use whatever beans you have on hand. Substitute pinto beans, garbanzo beans, whatever you like.
- The hominy is an optional add in. Feel free to omit it if you don’t have it on hand.
- Easy Vegetarian Chili Toppers: sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onions, tortilla chips, avocado slices, and greek yogurt.
Easy Vegetarian Chili
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion, about half a large onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (regular paprika works too)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15 ounce can hominy, drained (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Toppings such as sour cream, green onion, and cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add in the onion, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and seasonings (through cayenne) and cook for a minute. Pour in the diced tomatoes, beans, and broth or water. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove about 1 1/2 cups of the chili and puree in a blender. Add back to the chili pot. (Alternatively you could use an immersion blender or masher to break up some of the beans in the pot.) Stir in the corn, hominy (if using), and lime juice. Cook for another few minutes to heat the corn. Serve and top with any desired toppings.
Be sure to sign up and never miss a simple and delicious recipe!
Love Easy Recipes? Me Too!
Sign up Now and Never Miss a Simple and Delicious Recipe!