Grilled Marinated Chicken with a sweet balsamic sauce is an easy recipe to liven up boring chicken breasts. With a soy sauce, brown sugar, and balsamic marinade, it’ll be your new go-to chicken breast recipe.
This grilled chicken breast marinade recipe has a sweet balsamic glaze and is perfect served over rice. The marinade in this recipe act as double duty and can be both a marinade as well as boiled and reduced into a delicious sweet balsamic sauce.
This chicken marinade is simple and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand. With flavors like balsamic and brown sugar, the chicken gets so many delicious flavors.
I love that this sweet marinate can act as both the flavoring for the chicken breast as well as the glaze to pour over top. Just be sure to boil the sauce before using.
Read on to see how you can make a simple and delicious marinated chicken with a sweet balsamic sauce.
Grilled Marinated Chicken Recipe with Sweet Balsamic Sauce
You’re going to love this delicious and easy marinated chicken recipe with a sticky sweet balsamic sauce. It’s a great way to cook chicken breasts. The sauce does double duty as both a marinade and sauce to boil and serve over the chicken.
Firstly, you will need to make the sweet balsamic sauce to marinade the chicken. This recipe uses a variety of ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry.
The marinade is made of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and kosher. Simply whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
You can marinate the chicken in a glass container or a ziplock bag. Once the marinated is poured over, refrigerate the chicken for at least an hour or up to four hours.
how to grill the balsamic chicken
If you are using an outdoor grill, heat it to medium/high heat. For an indoor grilling pan, heat medium heat and lightly grease the pan.
Remove the chicken from the marinade using tongs. Let excess marinade drip off and place the chicken on the hot grill, leaving space between the breasts.
Then, cover the chicken with the lid of the barbecue and let grill for about 5-7 minutes. You will know the chicken is ready to flip when you can easily flip without it sticking to the grill.
Grill the other side of the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Remove the chicken from the grill and cover with foil. Let the meat sit for at least five minutes before cutting.
use the marinade to make a sauce
You can use leftover marinade to make a sauce for the chicken, however you MUST bring it to a boil before serving. Never eat meat marinade without boiling it first, or you risk getting sick.
Firstly, to use the leftover marinade to make a sauce for the chicken, first remove any remaining pieces of chicken that may be in the marinade.
Then, pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring frequently, and cook for about 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Remember you MUST boil the marinade! This balsamic marinade will reduce and make a sticky sweet sauce that is perfect to serve over your chicken.
What to serve with marinated chicken?
Rice goes great with balsamic chicken. Serve with a drizzle of that delicious balsamic glaze over top. Here are some other tasty ideas on what to serve with balsamic chicken:
Easy Traditional Potato Salad is a great make-ahead potato salad with celery and red onions.
Mashed Potato Casserole is a made with ricotta cheese and has a delicious bread crumb top.
Peas and Pancetta is a delicious Italian side dish that uses frozen peas and diced pancetta.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is the perfect sheet pan roasted broccoli recipe.
Bruschetta Salad is like Italian panzanella salad with fresh mozzarella and bread.
Italian Tomato Onion Salad is a fresh and delicious salad that would go great with this recipe!
Boursin Mashed Potatoes are made with Boursin garlic and herbs spread.
I hope you love this recipe for Marinated Grilled Chicken with Sweet Balsamic Glaze. Be sure to comment below if you try it. Enjoy!
Marinated Grilled Chicken with Sweet Balsamic Sauce
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 pounds chicken breasts
- To make the marinade, in a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and salt.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or glass container. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag or container and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to four hours.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Remove the chicken breasts, saving the extra marinade (see next step). Grill the breasts for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Cover the chicken with foil and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
- To make a sauce from the leftover marinade, remove any chicken parts that are left in the marinade. Pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Pour sauce over the cooked chicken.