All the flavors of Eggs Benedict with less work! Don’t miss this recipe for overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole with Hollandaise sauce, perfect for brunches and holidays!
Who doesn’t love Eggs Benedict? With this savory overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole, you can now have all of the flavors of this delicious diner breakfast done in your own kitchen.
Overnight breakfast casseroles are a great way to entertain. Perfect for serving at brunches, bridal showers, baby showers, or holidays! These casseroles are a great option because you make ahead and all of the work is done. Just bake and serve, easy peasy!
Now very few overnight breakfast casseroles can make the coveted Christmas Morning Breakfast menu, however Eggs Benedict Casserole is one of them for sure. Savory and creamy, everyone loves it! If you also wanted to make a sweet overnight casserole I would highly recommend the incredibly popular Creme Brûlée French Toast Casserole – sweet and fluffy, this is one both kids and adults go crazy for.
Don’t skip making the Hollandaise sauce either! This recipe will teach you how easy and non-intimidating Hollandaise sauce really is. And, if you have a blender, that’s the only special equipment you need! You can use a fancy Vitamix Blender or get yourself a budget blender like this Hamilton Beach Blender on Amazon.
How to Make Eggs Benedict Casserole
Preparing this dish couldn’t be easier. Firstly, cut your bread into 1 inch cubes. Moreover, you can use any firm and porous bread you can find. English muffins or ciabatta bread work great.
Toss the bread cubes with the cut up ham and place in a baking dish or casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together the custard mixture to pour on top. Press down to ensure that all pieces are touching the liquid.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. The next day, preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, removing foil for last 10-15 minutes, until custard is set and casserole is lightly browned.
During the last 5 minutes of baking, make the Hollandaise sauce. Simply add the egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice in a blender. While blending, slowly pour in HOT melted butter. This will cook the eggs and make a rich and delicious sauce for drizzling over the casserole.
Also, be sure to serve any extra sauce on the side. Lastly, sprinkle with paprika for a pretty garnish. Enjoy!
More Easy Overnight Breakfast Casseroles:
- Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is another savory option for on overnight brunch dish.
- Overnight Bagel French Toast Casserole is a sweet dish made with bagel and cream cheese.
- Croissant Baked French Toast is the ultimate comfort breakfast casserole that everyone will love.
Eggs Benedict Casserole
- 4 ciabatta rolls or 6 English muffins, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 6 ounces Canadian Bacon, diced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (I use 1% milk)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika plus more for garnish
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or casserole dish with cooking spray. Add in the diced bread and Canadian bacon, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (through paprika). Pour the egg mixture over the bread, pressing gently to make sure all pieces are soaked. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the casserole, covered with foil, for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until custard is set and top is lightly golden.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, make the hollandaise sauce. In a blender combine the egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl (I like to use a liquid measuring cup) until it is very hot and bubbly. With the blender running on low, slowly pour in the hot melted butter being careful not to splash yourself (pour through the hole in the blender lid if you have one). Blend until combined and smooth. Drizzle the hollandaise sauce over the casserole and serve extra sauce on the side.